Air Fryer Tofu
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Have you tried making Tofu in the Air Fryer yet!? It’s so simple (plus I have lots of delicious marinade options for you!). I’m officially obsessed and this is definitely my new go-to way of cooking my tofu.
The much anticipated Air Fryer Tofu Recipe is finally here! I’ve been promising this one for a LONG time, I know.
I’ve posted many, many tofu recipes over the years and after posting my 6 Different Tofu Marinades roundup recently, I got a lot of questions from people about how to air fry it (because I’ve showed you how to cook it every other way but this one).
I’ve mentioned this a LOT lately but I am 1000% air fryer obsessed right now. On one hand, I have an oven and could do all of this in my oven. But on the other hand, there’s just something SO nice and simple about popping it in the air fryer and not having to fiddle with the oven.
Plus, I’m totally convinced that the air fryer produces MAXIMUM crispiness with minimal oil (ie extra un-needed fat).
Ingredients for this recipe:
We’re going to keep this super simple. I wanted to give you a base recipe to work with but also other some other flavor options so that you can adapt the recipe to your needs and the dish you’re serving the tofu with.
The marinade for this recipe is super basic (just 4 ingredients!) BUT go check out my Tofu Marinades post if you’re looking for more options.
Here’s what we’re working with:
- Firm or extra firm tofu- I do not recommend using anything softer for this recipe as it simply won’t hold up well enough or get crispy at all
- Marinade- this consists of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, maple syrup, and garlic
- Optional cornstarch- I don’t often use this but you can toss the marinated tofu in a bit of cornstarch to get an even crispier crust on the outside of the tofu!
How to cook tofu in the air fryer:
This whole process is simple and I love it for that! All you need to do is press and cut the tofu. Marinate it in your flavoring of choice and then put it into a pre-heated air fryer to cook for about 15 minutes. THAT’S IT!
Technically the marinating is optional but without it, your tofu isn’t going to have a ton of flavor to it so I do not recommend skipping it!
As usual, PLEASE let me know if you make this recipe and let me know how you like it! You can come back here and leave a comment or tag me on instagram (@foodwithfeeling).
More delicious tofu recipes to try:
- Cooking Tofu 101
- Easy Orange Tofu
- Tofu Coconut Curry
- Spicy Tofu Burritos
- Tofu Tikka Masala
- Tofu Lettuce Wraps
- Sesame Tofu
- Easy Tofu Tacos
- Cashew Tofu Stir-Fry
This Air Fryer Tofu comes together with just 5 simple ingredients! It’s deliciously crispy and so versatile for whatever dish you’re serving it with.
- 16oz of tofu pressed, firm or extra firm
- Optional for added crispiness: ¼ cup of cornstarch or arrowroot powder
For the marinade:*
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil (or other oil)
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely minced
- OR you can use one of THESE other tofu marinades of mine!
- Prepare your tofu by pressing it (full instructions HERE) and cutting it into cubes or any shape you’d like. For maximum crispiness, I like to cut it into smaller cubes.
- Prepare the marinade in a resealable container (big enough for the tofu to fit in) by whisking together the soy sauce, oil, garlic, and vinegar. Add in the tofu cubes being careful not to stack them if you can avoid it. Put the top on and let sit for 30 minutes (or even overnight). I recommend flipping the tofu at some point so that it’s evenly marinated. OPTIONAL STEP: remove the tofu from the marinade and toss it in 1/4 cup of cornstarch, tapping off any excess cornstarch, for maximum crispiness.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat your air fryer to 370 degrees F and lightly spray the inside with cooking spray.
- Once heated, add the tofu in in a single layer and cook for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through. You can always cook it a few minutes longer as desired to get it crispier. Serve and ENJOY!
*I have a whole blog post about marinading tofu including SIX different marinade flavors. Check that out HERE!
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 282
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 846.3 mg
- Fat: 17.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.8 g
- Protein: 22.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: air fryer tofu, easy tofu recipe, vegan air fryer recipe