Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Muffins have been making a regular appearance in my breakfasts these days. There are 2 reasons for this. 1) I really like making a big batch of muffins on Sunday night, throwing them in baggies, and eating them throughout the week for breakfast at my desk when I get to work. 2) I feel like there’s an endless combination of ingredients that I can mix together and throw into muffin tins and it pretty much always comes out super yummy!
These Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins are rather dense and not too sweet. Stephen thinks they’re perfect this way, I like them heated up with honey drizzled on top.
They come together very easily and in one big bowl. First the oats are ground up so that they’re more of an oat flour.
All of the other ingredients are added (except the shredded apple)…
and blended up together to a nice smooth consistency.
Finally, the shredded apple is stirred in.
The batter is poured into a prepared muffin tin.
And baked for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with a bit more cinnamon for maximum yumminess.
If you want these to be quite sweet, I suggest adding 1/4 cup of brown sugar to the recipe.Print
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2/3 cup of applesauce, preferably unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons of honey (can also use agave nectar of maple syrup to keep it truly vegan)
- 1/4 cup of vegan butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of non-dairy milk
- 1 cup of grated apple (about 1 medium apple)
- optional: 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F and prepare a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Place oats in a blender or food processor and process until they’re completely ground up and have more of a texture of flour.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the grated apple. Process until the mixture is fully combined and rather runny.
- OPTIONAL: for sweeter muffins, stir in 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- Stir in grated apple.
- Pour batter evenly into the 12 muffins cavities and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, checking for done-ness at around the 20 minute mark. They’re done once a toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with a bit more cinnamon and ENJOY!!