Vegan Creamed Corn
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Vegan Creamed Corn is SO ridiculously simple to make and absolutely delicious. No one will even know that it’s dairy free and plant-based! Perfect for holiday dinners or even simple weeknight meals.
I teased this creamed corn on my Instagram last week and got SO MANY messages asking for the recipe, I ended up typing it up and sharing it early. Then I almost forgot that I needed to actually post it on the blog!
TA DA! Mind blowing and simple Vegan Creamed Corn just in time for the holidays.
The nice thing about creamed corn is that it wasn’t all that difficult to veganize. The milk is replaced with plant-based milk while the butter is replaced with a simple vegan butter. EASY but still so so ridiculously delicious.
One of the other things that I love about this recipe: it’s so quick and simple to throw together. I wasn’t even going to serve it for the holidays this year (only because we’re making SO MANY other side dishes) BUT now I’m officially hooked. AND since it’s so simple to make, I figured why not?
Ingredients in this recipe:
- Frozen corn– I like the simplicity of frozen corn and it’s what I almost always use. However, you can also use canned corn. Just be sure to drain the liquid from the can first!
- Onion + garlic
- Flour– this helps thicken things up a bit
- Vegan butter– really any kind will work!
- Plant based milk– I tried this will several different kinds of vegan milk. My go-to is unflavored oat milk
- Maple syrup– for just a touch of sweetness :)
Alright well, that’s it for today! As always, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from the blog!
I hope that you all have a wonderful holiday week and eat far too much :DPrint
This Vegan Creamed Corn is so simple to make and is perfect for holiday dinners or even easy weeknight meals!
- 3 tablespoons of vegan butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt, plus more to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 4 cups of corn kernels, frozen or canned (drained if canned), ~20 ounces
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups of plant based milk
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, destemmed (1/8 teaspoon of dried)
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add in the butter. Once melted, stir in the onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the flour, salt and pepper and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the corn, maple syrup, milk, and thyme. Turn up the heat slightly and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let simmer for 3 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat.
- Using an immersion blender (or transferring the corn to a blender), blend 1 cup of the creamed corn. Pour back into the pot and mix to combine.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste and ENJOY!
You can also use canned corn for this recipe, just be sure to drain out the excess liquid from the can first.
- Category: side dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan thanksgiving, vegan creamed corn, dairy free creamed corn