Pumpkin Mac & Cheese
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Pumpkin Mac & Cheese is so ridiculously creamy- you’re going to lose your mind! It comes together in no time and the sauce can be made all inside of a blender. So simple and easy and I can’t wait for you to try it!
I know that I teased this recipe several times on Instagram. So, because I had SO MANY people asking me for the recipe, I figured that I would go ahead and get it up on the blog ASAP.
Hoping to see a bunch of you making it this week. I already can’t wait to hear what you think! OMG SO GOOD!
This recipe is very similar to my original Vegan Mac and Cheese recipe that I posted last year. The main difference is that I swapped the carrot for pumpkin puree. FIRST of all- the pumpkin is so much easier (I mean- assuming you’re using store bought canned pumpkin). No need to steam the carrot first in this recipe which means you can quickly throw all of the sauce ingredients directly into the blender.
Secondly- the pumpkin combined with the cashews creates the CREAMIEST vegan pasta sauce that I have legit EVER had.
Seriously so good. This is easily one of my new favorite recipes on the blog and that’s saying A LOT :D
Here’s what is in this pumpkin mac and cheese:
- Pasta of choice
- Pumpkin puree
- Soaked cashews
- Nutritional yeast
- Veggie broth
- Vegan butter
- Milk of choice
Well, that’s all I have for you today! As always, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a quick photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always LOVE to see what you’re making from the blog.
See how to make the Pumpkin Mac & Cheese here:Print
- 1/2 pound of dried pasta of choice
- heaping 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked overnight and then drained & rinsed(or see notes for quick soaking)*
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup veggie broth
- 1 tablespoon of vegan butter, melted
- 1/4–1/3 cup of plant based milk
- 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Cook the pasta according to its package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce: in a food processor or high speed blender, combine the soaked cashews, pumpkin, nutritional yeast, broth, milk, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Once pasta is done, drain and rinse and then pour the cheese sauce over top. Stir to combine and season with additional salt and pepper as needed. ENJOY!
* you can quick soak your cashews by covering them in a pot with water and bring to a boil. Let boil for a few minutes and then take off of the heat. Let sit for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan mac and cheese, vegan pasta, pumpkin mac and cheese