Sweet Potato Pie
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Vegan Sweet Potato Pie recipe is one of my favorite holiday desserts and it’s super easy to make! Being from the south, I’m no stranger to sweet potatoes and love ANY excuse to eat them :D
I’ve been wanting to share this recipe for quite a while but only got around to writing it up this year! This sweet potato pie is very close to my vegan pumpkin pie. It’s just a bit sweeter and, obviously, features sweet potato instead of pumpkin.
If holiday meals were made up of nothing but side dishes and pie, I’d be pretty happy :D
Last year I made a whole series of Instagram story videos showing you exactly how to make my vegan pumpkin pie. Since this one is so similar, I suggest giving those stories a watch if you want advise on perfecting this pie.
I LOVE this coconut oil pie crust for this pie if you’re looking for a vegan pie crust option. And when all else fails and you need a dessert quickly, there’s NOTHING wrong with store bought. I promise! It’ll still be delicious :) If you do go the store bought route, just know that you might want to cover the crust the last bit of the baking process as they tend to get overdone easier.
How to make this Vegan Sweet Potato Pie
To make the filling of this pie simple and pain free, we’re whipping it together in a blender. That’s right- ALL of the ingredients for this pie getting added into a blender to create a smooth pie filling. You can also use a food processor for this or even whisk it all together by hand if you need to.
The filling then gets poured into your prepared pie crust and baked until set. I recommend watching the pie crust and adding a little foil around the edges if they start to brown too quickly.
One of my favorite parts about this recipe is that it can easily be made the day before and kept in the fridge. Chilling it really firms everything up and it still tastes GREAT the next day.
If you end up making this Sweet Potato Pie for the holidays, make sure to tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeling!
Easy and delicious sweet potato pie that’s fully vegan and simple to make!
- 2 1/2 cups of sweet potato puree* (from about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup or agave
- 1 cup of milk (I typically make mine with plain almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of dried ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon of all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 unbaked pie crust (see HERE for my vegan pie crust)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9” pie pan.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, combine all of the pie ingredients (minus the crust of course :)) and blend until creamy and smooth. Should only take a minute.
- Pour the pie filling into your crust (I do NOT pre-bake the crust in this recipe) and spread out until it’s smooth.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes. The top should be firm and the crust should be lightly browned around the edges. If the crust begins to get too brown around the edges, cover the crust with foil or use pie protectors.
- Once done, take out of the oven and let cool on the counter. Put in the fridge and let cool completely.
*I chopped up 2 medium peeled sweet potatoes into large chunks and cooked them in boiling water until soft and very fork tender. You can cook them whole in the oven if you prefer. Once cooked and lightly cooled, puree the flesh of the sweet potato in a blender or food processor until smooth and no lumps remain. Measure out 2 ½ cups of the puree for this recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan pie, vegan dessert,