Veggie Breakfast Meal Prep
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for a super easy and healthy meal prepped breakfast then look NO FURTHER than these Veggie Bowls! They’re versatile based on what’s in season/ in your fridge and they’re such an amazing breakfast!
I posted this recipe on Instagram in the “Recipes my Girlfriend has made me” and I figured that it also deserved a nice spot here on the blog because it’s SO SIMPLE but seriously so good.
The idea of a bunch of veggies for breakfast seemed SO ODD to me at first but now I’m wondering why I haven’t been eating them for breakfast more in my life!
We’re going to keep this one short and sweet today. Here’s what we put in our veggie breakfast bowls:
- Tater tots
- topped with eggs
- Other things we’ve tried and liked: zucchini, asparagus, bell pepper, squash, roasted potatoes.
While we really love using tater tots, you could also roasted potatoes with the veggies and use those instead. This would be a slightly healthier and cheaper option. We just really love tater tots :)
For protein: sometimes we add sausage to the bowls as well (I’m vegetarian and like the Morning Star veggie sausage). That’s a great option if you’re looking to add additional protein to the bowls. You could also try mixing in some bacon, chorizo or any other protein that you prefer.
As usual, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from my blog.Print
These Veggie Breakfast Meal Prep bowls are super simple to make and easily customizable for your preferences!
- 2 large heads of broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 cups of tater tots or roasted potatoes (this end up being about 10 tater tots/ 1 serving per bowl)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon each of: Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese of choice (about 2 tablespoons per bowl)
- Optional for serving: fried eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the broccoli and cauliflower on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle on the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Toss to combine and coat the veggies.
- Spread in an even layer and roast for 3-40 minutes, flipping halfway. I like my veggies to get a little crispy around the edges but feel free to roast a little less as desired.
- Divide the veggies, tater tots, and cheese evenly among meal prep containers. Place in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Once ready to serve, heat the veggie bowls up (we do about 1 minute in the microwave). Fry 2 eggs to your liking and serve over top of the veggies. ENJOY!
Veggies: you can use whatever veggies you would like! I often throw other things in based on seasonality and what I happen to have in the fridge that week.
Spices: use whatever you would like! The combo listed above is a favorite of mine but I’ve used curry spices before as well as taco seasoning.
Protein: sometimes we add sausage to the bowls as well (I’m vegetarian and like the Morning Star veggie sausage). That’s a great option if you’re looking to add additional protein to the bowls. You could also try mixing in some bacon, chorizo or any other protein that you prefer.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: meal prep breakfast