American Flag Dessert Pizza
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Let’s start today’s post off with the good news, k? The good news is that it’s THE WEEKEND, the start to an extra long 4-day weekend, and I have lots of fun things planned.
The bad news? ???? My poor little chicken didn’t make it. Her name was Feist by the way. I tried so hard to keep her alive, sitting outside with her multiple times each day hand feeding her cucumbers, strawberries, and mealworms. I knew deep down that she wouldn’t make it (and the vet confirmed that it was unlikely) but it’s still sad. Luckily, she basically died in her sleep and didn’t seem to be in pain, so. She was a sweet little chick and we’ll remember her fondly.
Soooo, today’s post. I don’t think that you would know this about me just from looking at my blog but I’m an obnoxiously patriotic person. Anything that’s red, white, and blue, I have to have. In fact, I’m in the (very slow) process of decorating our guest room in a “rustic America” theme (whatever that means, exactly). I bought a really cool old flag from ebay and bought some paint that’s about the color of those blueberries. I will keep you updated on that!
It’s only natural that I start sharing American themed recipe, too, right? ????
I used this^^^^^^ Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free pizza crust which I then covered with coconut whipped cream and topped with berries keeping it dairy-free and completely vegan!
The crust is super easy to make and only needs to rise for about 20 minutes.
I toyed with the idea of making the pizza a more traditional round shape but ended up going with a more traditional flag shape. I also decided to make the crust rather thick but you could use only half of the crust and make it a bit thinner.
I coated the top of the crust with a cinnamon sugar mixture (not pictured) and baked the crust fully. It was cooled completely before finally adding on the coconut whipped cream and the strawberries and blueberries.
This Dessert Pizza is SUPER easy to throw together and perfect to take to a party when you want it to look like you worked really hard but really just threw something together rather last minute :)
I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day and a nice LONG weekend :) I’m off to finish painting the hallway…Print
- Make crust according to directions up until the rise process. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F and grease a rectangular baking tray (preferably with sides).
- While the crust rises, make the cinnamon mixture by creaming together the melted butter (or oil), cinnamon, and sugar. Set aside.
- After crust rises, for the crust on a long rectangular pan (you can make round if you desire). Pinch the edges slightly.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Once out of the oven, Cover the top with the cinnamon mixture. And bake again for an additional 15 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, let cool completely. Once cool, top evenly with the whipped cream and arrange the berries to look like an American flag :)
- Slice and ENJOY!!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes