Baked Tortilla Chips
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You’re going to LOVE how simple and delicious these Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips are! I love to make them when I have extra corn tortillas lying around and they turn out just SO crispy and perfect.
Have you tried making tortilla chips at home?? It’s a lot simpler than you’d think and I’m maybe a LITTLE obsessed with these :)
Most freshly made tortilla chips, like what you’d get at a restaurant, are most often fried (aka delicious!). But today, we’re making BAKED Tortilla Chips to avoid all of the oil and because I just generally find it a lot easier.
I like mine plain with a hefty pinch of flaky sea salt on top but there are actually so many different ways that you could flavor these. You could sprinkle on different spices such as cayenne, paprika, cumin, or even cinnamon for a sweet chip.
I highly suggest playing around with the flavors! One of my favorites lately has been to squeeze a bit of lime juice on top either before or after baking. SO GOOD!
Admittedly, I went a little crazy with the salt on these BUT you can put less salt or even leave it off completely as desired!
There are just so many different things that you can do with this recipe and I really love it for that.
Here are the ingredients for making these homemade chips:
- Corn tortillas– any color works
- Cooking spray– I like the ease of cooking spray but you can also use regular oil and just brush it on to the chips
- Seasonings of choice– I really like mine plain but you could try them with a squeeze of lime, or any number of different spices sprinkled on top
That’s all I have for you today! As usual, if you end up making this recipe, please come back and let me know how you like it. Or tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are cooking from the blog.Print
These Homemade tortilla chips are SO easy to make and you’re going to love how fresh and crispy they are!
- Corn tortillas (I usually end up using a whole 8 oz package but you can make more or less)
- Cooking spray*
- 1–2 teaspoons of salt
- Other optional flavorings: squeeze of lime juice, 1 teaspoon of cumin, paprika, chili powder, cinnamon (for cinnamon chips I leave out the salt and sprinkle with a little sugar instead) etc SO many options!
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and get out 2 large baking trays.
- Cut the tortillas into 6 or 8 even triangles (see video for reference). I like my chips a little bigger so I usually go with 6.
- Place the chips on the baking tray so that they’re close together but not overlapping. Spray each side of the tortilla triangles with cooking spray and then sprinkle one side with the salt and any other seasoning.
- Bake for 8 minutes and then flip all of the chips over. Bake for 8-10 more minutes or until the tops of the chips are *just* beginning to brown. They’ll be slightly pliable right out of the oven but as soon as they cool down, they get really crispy.
- Let cool and ENJOY! Store leftovers in an air tight container on the counter.
*Feel free to use any oil you’d like and instead of spray, you can also brush the oil on as desired
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: snack
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: homemade tortilla chips, baked tortilla chips, easy homemade chips
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”qMqVyiGg” upload-date=”2021-03-12T05:22:17.000Z” name=”Baked Tortilla Chips” description=”Baked Tortilla Chips” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]