Bell Pepper Mini Meatloaf
I almost didn’t post today. We’ve had so much going on the past week and last night as I opened up a blank blog post, I almost just gave up. BUT, I’m determined to stick to my T/TH posting schedule even if there are only a few hours left in this Tuesday. Plus, I had these delicious little Bell Pepper Mini Meatloaf that I’m excited to share with you. So, this is happening today!
I’f you’ve been around for a while, you’ll know that I stopped eating meat for quite some time. THEN I got pregnant and started having the most intense cravings for meat. Since then, I’ve taken a “flexetarian” approach to my diet (do you hate me for using that term!?). I wanted my blog to reflect that as well. So you’ll be seeing a few meat recipes around here again.
How fun are these Bell Pepper Mini Meatloaf!? I’ve always been a big fan of bell pepper stuffed meals but more often than not, a WHOLE bell pepper is just too much. Right? I ned up eating about half of it and then waste the rest. This recipe is my attempt to avoid that.
The meatloaf itself is a simple turkey meatloaf with a few extra veggies in there and the glaze is a minor adaption from my favorite meatless meatloaf from Ambitious Kitchen.
I was able to get 3 good rings out of each bell pepper and then I chopped up the tops and bottoms to mix into the meatloaf itself (waste not, want not as my father always said)!).
We ate this all by itself (yay for lazy dinners!). AND it stays well in the fridge for a few days making GREAT leftovers.
If you make this recipe (or any of my other recipes) don’t forget to tag my on social media! I love seeing what you’ve been cooking!Print
For the meatloaf:
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup of mushrooms, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup of milk, I used almond milk
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- (½ cup of fresh spinach, finely chopped)
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 ½ tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tabelspoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 3 bell peppers
For the sauce
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- teaspoon of soy sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and grease a large baking tray.
- Slice bell peppers into rings. Finely chop up the tops, bottoms, and any remaining pepper to be added into the turkey mixture.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet and saute onion, mushroom, chopped bell pepper, and garlic for about 5 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent. Stir in the salt, pepper, and theWorcestershire sauce.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add in turkey, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, and milk. Mix thoroughly. Divide the mixture evenly among the 9 bell pepper rings and place on a greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the sauce ingredients and spread it evenly over the mini meatloafs.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Top with extra parsley and ENJOY!!