Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings– this easy vegan recipe is going to be your new go to for parties and get togethers…or even just weeknight dinners :D This also makes for a great vegan appetizer!
Happy Friday, friends! Today we’re making up BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER WINGS and Im SO here for it. Now, I’m not a huge fan of using cauliflower in place of everything. Cauliflower pizza? No thanks. Cauliflower rice? Not for me, honestly. BUT I am VERY much into these Cauliflower wings.
In an attempt to keep these a little on the healthier side, we’re baking them instead of frying them in oil. You COULD still fry them if you want but I opted to roast mine for now.
The recipe also calls for all-purpose flour. If you want to make gluten free cauliflower wings, you can either use a gluten free 1-1 flour substitute OR you can simple sub in oat flour.
How to make Cauliflower Wings:
As with all of my recipes, I aimed to keep this one as SIMPLE and fuss free as possible.
As of the batter ingredients are mixed into one big bowl before the cauliflower florets are then dipped in and covered in the batter. After that, they’re placed on a lined baking sheet and roasted for about 25 minutes.
Then we’ll make a simple sauce by combining hot sauce and maple syrup for a little sweetness!
Once the cauliflower hot wings are done baking, pour the sauce over top and toss them so that they’re all well coated.
AND THAT’S IT! Super easy and SO ridiculously tasty!
See how to make the Buffalo Cauliflower Wings here:Print
Easy and DELICIOUS Cauliflower Buffalo Wings!
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour (can sub oat flour for gluten free version)
- 1 cup of almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1 cup of hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Ranch dressing, for serving
- Carrots and celery sticks, for serving
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. You can also use to medium-small baking sheets if that’s what you have.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, milk, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix until fully combined.
- Working in batches, dredge the cauliflower florets in the batter and tap each on gently to get rid of excess batter. You want them to be fully covered but not dripping. Line them on the baking sheet.
- Once all of the florets are covered in the batter and on the baking sheet, bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the cauliflower bakes, whisk together the hot sauce and maple syrup. When the cauliflower is out of the oven, drizzle the sauce over the cauliflower and toss to combine so that they are evenly covered in the sauce.
- Serve with dipping sauce and veggie sticks and ENJOY!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cauliflower wings, vegan wings, vegan appetizer recipe