Peanut Butter Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Peanut Butter Bars come together in just 10 minutes, require no bake time, AND are absolutely delicious!
Interesting little fact about me is that I used to be in the convent for about a year. While that’s a WHOLE STORY for another time, I will say that the food there was SO GOOD! One (or a few?) of the sisters was a professionally trained chef from before she entered so the food we all ate was always delicious.
Of all the yummy food I ate there, the peanut butter bars were my FAVORITE dessert. I got so excited when I saw them on the menu.
Naturally, I have really missed them and so it only seemed fitting that I would make my own version of them for the blog.
Ingredients in the bars:
The base of the bars is a graham cracker and peanut butter mixture while the top is pretty much just chocolate. It’s simple but so delicious! Why is chocolate + peanut butter just SO GOOD!?
- Drippy peanut butter– I’ve only tried this with a drippy, natural peanut butter but I actually think a thicker peanut butter such as Jif would work as well.
- Graham crackers– I just used plain graham crackers and make crumbs by putting them in my food processor. You want the consistency to be similar to bread crumbs. You can use gluten free graham crackers as desired!
- Melted butter– salted or unsalted depending on your preference.
- Powdered sugar– this is what gives the bars their sweetness :)
- Chocolate– I used plain chocolate chips but dark chocolate would be delicious as well!
- Oil– a little coconut oil in he chocolate makes it the perfect smooth consistency.
Making the bars is SUPER EASY! Just mix together the peanut butter bas and press that into a lined baking sheet. Then melt the chocolate and pour it over the top of the peanut butter layer. Then just chill until hardened and ENJOY!
NO BAKING REQUIRED!!
As usual, please let me know if you end up making this recipe and how you like it. You can come back here to leave a comment or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from the blog!Print
These Peanut Butter Bars are so simple to make, require no bake time, AND are absolutely delicious!
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup), melted
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil or butter
- Start by making your graham cracker crumbs if you haven’t already. I like to do this in my blender or food processor but you can also put them in a plastic bag and crush them with something like a rolling pin. Just make sure that they’re finely crushed, similar to bread crumbs.
- Line a square pan with parchment paper. I’ve made these with an 8×8 AND a 9×9 inch pan.
- Place the graham cracker crumbs in a large bowl and mix in the melted butter, powdered sugar, sea salt, and peanut butter until well combined. Pour that into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- In the same bowl, melt the chocolate with the coconut oil. I do this in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between. Pour on top of the peanut butter mixture and spread evenly.
- Put in the fridge to chill until hardened, about 30 minutes. Cut into squares and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chill Time: 30 minutes
- Category: desser
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 23.4 g
- Sodium: 208.1 mg
- Fat: 25.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.1 g
- Protein: 6.4 g
- Cholesterol: 20.2 mg
Keywords: peanut butter bars, peanut butter dessert