Cheesy Broccoli & Cauliflower Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Cheesy Broccoli & Cauliflower Casserole is simple to make but is absolutely packed with flavor! It’s the perfect side dish for just about any meal and even great for holiday meals.
We eat a lot of broccoli AND cauliflower in our house. I was lucky to get a child who LOVES raw vegetables and legitimately asks for raw broccoli on a regular basis. I do not understand her unusual love for veggies but I am HERE for it!
And while I also enjoy raw veggies, it’s nice to have them cooked and COVERED in cheese sometimes too :)
Main ingredients in this simple cheesy casserole:
- Fresh broccoli
- Fresh cauliflower
- Triple cheese: cream cheese, cheddar, AND parmesan
- Spices etc for flavoring!
One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it’s easily adjustable. You could use all broccoli or all cauliflower. The cheese could be swapped out for different kinds if you have something else that you prefer. And, you could leave off the crunchy topping altogether or replace it with a lot more cheese.
Any way you make it, I know you’re going to love this recipe! I can’t wait to hear what you think about it.
Thanks again to Dandy for sponsoring this post!Print
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch of broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of Ritz crackers (or similar), crushed
- 1/4 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a medium casserole dish with cooking spray (mine was 2qt).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add in the cauliflower and broccoli florets. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender. Drain, place back in the pot, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add in the onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the flour, salt, and mustard and continue to cook for 30 more seconds.
- Slowly whisk in the milk. Once combined, add in the cream cheese, cheddar, and parmesan and continue to stir until the cheese is fully melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce over top of the broccoli and cauliflower and stir until fully combined and all of the vegetables are coated. Put the cheesy broccoli + cauliflower into the prepared dish.
- Make the topping by mixing together the crushed crackers, remaining cheddar cheese, and melted butter. Sprinkle it evenly over the top of the veggies.
- Bake the casserole in the oven for 25 minutes until the cracker topping is a deep golden brown color and the dish is bubbling all around the edges. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: broccoli casserole, cauliflower casserole