Cheesy Double Stacked Tacos
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These cheesy taco shells are super simple to make and a fun way to spice up taco night! You just need 3 simple ingredients!
I’ve loved taco bell for as long as I can remember (and I have no shame in it!). One of my favorite things to get has always been their double stack tacos!
The cheesy center and crunchy shell are just SO GOOD and I’m excited to be making them at home.
These taco shells are also super easy to throw together. Let’s go over the steps quickly:
- Heat a medium pan over medium-low heat and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Once hot, add in the soft flour tortilla and sprinkle the cheese all over. I like to purposefully let some of the cheese fall over the sides so that I end up with crispy cheese edges (YUM!!).
- Put a lid on the skillet so that the cheese melts faster.
- Once the cheese is fully melted, add on the crunchy tortilla by placing it on one side and then rolling it towards the other side (see video for reference).
And that’s it! Super simple but really a fun way to serve tacos! I used my tofu taco “meat” for mine but obviously you can stuff these with whatever you would like!
As usual, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from my blog.Print
These taco shells are super cheesy and such a fun way to serve up tacos!
- 1 hard taco shell
- 1 soft flour tortilla (of roughly equal size to the hard shell)
- 2–3 tablespoons of shredded cheese
- Cooking spray
- Spray a small skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the soft tortilla and top with the shredded cheese. Cover the skillet and let the cheese melt fully. Add the hard shell to one side and fold the cheesy soft tortilla around it.
- Remove from the heat and use with your favorite taco fillings!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: cheesy taco shell, taco bell taco shell