Chickpea & Sweet Potato Coconut Curry
Chickpea & Sweet Potato Coconut Curry– this vegan dinner recipe is a new favorite in our house and I’m excited for you to share it! It’s a great meal prep recipe and easy to throw together in one big pan.
I teased this recipe quite a few weeks ago on my Instagram but I’ve been waiting to post it because I wanted to film the youtube video for it as well. IT’S SO GOOD and I wanted to share it across every single platform that I could :D
Since my Loaded Veggie Tikka Masala recipe is consistently one of the most popular recipes on my blog, I figured that it was time I made a couple more curry recipes for you to try.
I LOVE how easy curries are to throw together and how simple it is to sub in whatever vegetables you have on hand so that you’re not going out to buy a bunch of extra stuff.
So if you don’t have any of these veggies, feel free to sub in more of something else or add in whatever sounds good to you. Just be mindful of cook times as all veggies need to simmer for different times to be properly done.
How to make this easy vegan curry:
First let’s look at the star ingredients in this coconut curry:
- sweet potato
- lite coconut milk
- green peas
- almond butter
To make this easy vegan dinner we’ll start by sautéing our garlic for a couple of minutes before adding in the sweet potato, cauliflower, and carrots since they take the longest to cook. Then the spices are mixed in as well as the coconut milk, broth, soy sauce, almond butter and salt and pepper. Next the peppers go in and it all simmers for about 10 minutes to cook down the veggies.
Finally the chickpeas and peas are stirred in and cooked for a few more minutes to heat through.
LOVE a good one pot meal 🥰🥕🍠
More easy vegan dinners:
See how to make this vegan curry here:Print
Chickpea & Sweet Potato Coconut Curry– this vegan dinner recipes is a new favorite in our house and I’m excited for you to share it! It’s a great meal prep recipe and easy to throw together in one big pan.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 3 cups of cauliflower florets, about ½ of a medium cauliflower
- 2 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 15 ounce can of lite coconut milk
- 1 cup of broth
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter (can sub in peanut butter if desired)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup of frozen peas
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and add in the minced garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the sweet potato, cauliflower, and carrots and saute for 5 minutes as the veggies begin to soften a bit. Stir in the curry powder and turmeric and cook for an additional minute.
- Mix in the coconut milk, broth, almond butter, soy sauce, salt, and pepper and cook for 5 additional minutes as the veggies continue to cook. Stir in the bell pepper and cook for 10 additional minutes.
- Finally, mix in the chickpeas and green peas. Simmer gently for a few more minutes until the peas are heated through and all of the veggies are fork tender.
- Serve on it’s own or over quinoa or basmati ice and enjoy!!
- Category: Curry
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan curry recipe, healthy vegan dinner, vegan recipe