Tofu Coconut Curry
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
We LOVE curries in our house and this Tofu Coconut Curry is my absolute favorite on the blog! It’s simple to make, great for leftovers, and just overall SO DELICIOUS!
I have a few delicious curry recipes on my blog at this point and surely by now, you know how much I love them 😍 One of the first that I ever posted was this Loaded Veggie Tikka Masala and OMG is it the best thing on my blog ever. People often ask me what my favorite recipe is on the blog and that tikka masala is HIGH on the list.
This recipe was originally supposed to be part of tofu week but I just didn’t manage to get the blog post done in time. But, I figured better late than never because I seriously LOVE this recipe!
You could technically make this dish in just one skillet but I MUCH prefer to cook the tofu at the same time, in a separate skillet, as the curry. This makes the whole dish comes together in just about 20 minutes. Once the tofu is nicely sauteed, you can simply mix it into the curry. and BAM you’re done.
We almost always serve ours with basmati rice but this could be served with anything you like or even eaten all on it’s own!
That’s it for today! PLEASE make this curry asap because it’s SO GOOD! I’m going to be making it in my Instagram stories tonight! UPDATE: here are those stories walking you through how to make this!
More tofu recipes you’ll love:
- The BEST Tofu recipes around!
- Tofu Satay
- Sesame Tofu Bowls
- Pan Fried Tofu
- Easy Tofu Tacos
- Crispy Baked Tofu
- Cashew Tofu Stir Fry
- Tofu Kebabs
- Grilled Tofu
- Sheet Pan Baked Tofu & Veggies
- Tofu Stir Fry
- Breakfast Tofu Scramble
See how to make the Tofu Coconut Curry here:
This tofu coconut curry is simple to make and is SO delicious and comforting!
- 15 ounces of extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed*
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 3 cups of cauliflower florets, about ½ of a medium cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 15 ounce can of lite coconut milk
- 1 cup of broth
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter (can sub in peanut butter if desired)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of sliced sugar snap peas
- In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Once hot, add in the tofu and saute for 15 minutes, flipping every few minutes. This is best done in a non-stick skillet. See HERE for a more detailed guide on sautéing tofu.
- Meanwhile in a separate large skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and add in the minced garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the sweet potato and cauliflower and saute for 5 minutes as the veggies begin to soften a bit. Stir in the curry powder and turmeric and cook for an additional minute.
- Mix in the coconut milk, broth, almond butter, soy sauce, salt, and pepper and cook for 5 additional minutes as the veggies continue to cook. Stir in the bell pepper and snap peas and cook for 10 additional minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Serve on it’s own or over quinoa or basmati rice and enjoy!!
*See my guide HERE all about how and why to press tofu
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan dinner, vegan curry, tofu curry