Chocolate Covered Banana Bites
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
EASY and delicious Chocolate Covered Banana Bites with an optional bit of peanut butter. These make the prefect little treat especially when kept in the freezer for summer snacks :D
Happy Monday, friends! We’ve got a simple little treat to share today and I’m ALL ABOUT IT!
This “recipe” is hardly a set of instructions and really more of an insistence that you NEED these in your life today. I bet you even have all of the ingredients waiting for you in your kitchen already.
While the peanut butter is optional, it is HIGHLY suggested. There’s just something about peanut butter, banana, and chocolate that goes SO WELL together.
To make these little bites, we’ll start by cutting a banana into roughly 1 inch pieces and top them with peanut butter. I place those in the freezer to harden a bit while the chocolate is prepared.
The chocolate coating is simple chocolate chips with a little bit of coconut oil mixed in (this helps get the chocolate extra creamy and runny for dipping).
The banana bites are then dipped into the chocolate and topped with nuts or sprinkles if desired. I love putting bits of peanuts on mine because it gives the treat almost a snickers tasty to it that is SO so satisfying to me!
AND that’s it. As I mentioned, these are great stored in the freezer during the summer so that they serve as a little (n)ice cream bite when I need one :)
If you end up making these, please don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling !
See how to make these Peanut Butter Banana Bites here:Print
- 1 banana cut into roughly 1 inch pieces
- ~1/4 cup of peanut butter, creamy of chunk works but it needs to be thicker and not drippy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips of choice
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- optional nuts or sprinkles for topping
- Top each of your banana slices with about a heaping teaspoon of peanut butter. I usually just eyeball this and put as much on there as seems will stay nicely. Place a toothpick in each and place in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl and melt in the microwave in 30 second increments until fully melted.
- Carefully dip each of the banana bites into the chocolate so that the banana is mostly covered. I left the peanut butter part mostly uncovered but you can cover that as well if you wish.
- Place on a parchment lined plate and top with desired toppings. Put back in the freezer for 10 minutes. I like to store mine in the freezer until ready to eat so that they’re almost like a little ice cream bite.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Freezing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan snack, healthy snack, banana bites