Creamy Vegan Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you’ve been looking for the creamiest and dreamiest vegan pasta recipe then LOOK NO FURTHER! I originally titled this recipe “date night pasta” because even though it’s simple to make, it’s just SO GOOD and something I imagine making to impress a date :) I’m excited for you to give this one a try!
I’ve been sitting on this recipe for a while and am happy to FINALLY be posting it! When I asked y’all on Instagram what you wanted to see more of, I got a lot of enthusiastic support for both ‘easy dinner recipes’ as well as ‘vegan pasta recipes’. SO, tonight we’re merging those two requests in the form of this CREAMIEST Vegan Pasta dish!
Honestly, nothing beats a good pasta dish for dinner and I’m very enthusiastic about this one :D
Unfortunately, these photos just don’t really do it justice. It’s one of those dishes that is VASTLY tastier than it is pretty LOL.
But trust me, it’s SO GOOD and you need to make it asap. Like, for date night or not. Maybe just for yourself which means you get the luxury of all the amazing leftovers. Either way….just add this pasta dish to your menu in the next week.
Main ingredients we’re working with in this Creamy Vegan Pasta:
- Pasta- I used a spiral pasta but really, ANYTHING works. You could even try it out with a gluten free pasta such as red lentil pasta (which is my favorite veggie based pasta!). Use whatever you have/ prefer.
- Mushrooms– do you like mushrooms!? I sure hope so because I’m obsessed lately and have been adding them to more and more dishes. You could definitely leave them out though if they’re just really not for you.
- Sun dried tomatoes– This is another ingredients that *could* be left out but I don’t recommend it. They just really add something special to the pasta and I love it.
- Cream sauce– the sauce is cashew based. I don’t use cashews in my dishes nearly as much as other plant based bloggers HOWEVER, I love them in the right setting. Ie, THIS creamy pasta dish. Once soaked properly and blended together, they just create a plant based creaminess that can’t be beat.
That’s it for today! I hope that you all have a pasta filled weekend with lots of relaxation and good food :) As usual, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling!
See how to make the Creamy Vegan Pasta here:
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”htRzBqSp” upload-date=”2020-07-17T03:38:10.000Z” name=”Creamy Vegan Pasta” description=”Creamy Vegan Pasta” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]Print
This Creamy Vegan Pasta is great for date night or even just a simple and delicious vegan family dinner!
- 1/2 cup of cashews, soaked for 5+ hours or even overnight
- 1/2 pound pasta of choice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, roughly chopped*
- 6 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces of cremini mushrooms, sliced
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Cook your pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in the onion and saute until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 more minutes.
- Add the onion mixture to the base of a blender along with the soaked cashews, water, sea salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Blend until creamy and smooth. Depending on your cashews and blender, you might need to blend it for a good few minutes to get all of the grain out. Set aside.
- In the same skillet you used for the onions, add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and heat the skillet over medium. Add in the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms have softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Into the skillet with the mushrooms, add in the cashew sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook on low for 5 minutes to let the sauce heat through and thicken just a bit.
- Stir in the pasta and sun dried tomatoes until fully combined. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste and ENJOY!
*we’ll be blending these in a blender after they’re sautéed so no need to cut them super small
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan pasta, creamy pasta, cashew pasta sauce