Crock-Pot Chickpea Noodle Soup
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Crockpot Chickpea Noodle Soup– today I’m teaming up with Crock-Pot® to bring you this hearty and delicious Vegan Chickpea Noodle Soup! It’s ridiculously easy to make and perfect for cold weather meals! Thank you for supporting the brands that support Food with Feeling!
While I’m definitely a soup-year-round kind of gal, I do particularly love the winter months when I can justify soup on a daily basis :) Classic chicken noodle soup was ALWAYS my favorite growing up so I wanted to create a vegan, meat-free version of it!
I’m excited to be teaming up with the Crock-Pot brand to bring you this super simple and DELICIOUS Crock-Pot Chickpea Noodle soup. I’ve made this about 5 times already this season and I have no doubt that we’ll be having it MANY times before the spring hits. I’m absolutely not complaining about that because it’s SO GOOD!
I’m planning on working on LOTS of easy Crock-pot slow cooker soups this winter. So if you have any requests, please let me know! And if you have a favorite slow cooker soup recipe that I should try, send it my way!!
For this particular recipe, I used the 7-Qt. Cook & Carry™ Easy Clean Slow Cooker and I love it so much! I just got it recently and have already used it SO MANY times. Unlike my last slow cooker, the lid on this one latches into place and I really like that! It also has a digital countdown timer so that you can set the slow cooker for how long you want it to cook and then it will automatically turn itself off. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve slightly overcooked food because I forgot to turn the slow cooker down/ off. NO MORE! Huge fan over here!
How to make Chickpea Noodle Soup in the Crock-Pot slow cooker:
One of the reasons that I love this recipe so much is that it’s ridiculously easy to make. No sautéing of veggies before hand or anything of the sorts.
Besides chopping the veggies, the only real prep that is required is soaking the beans the night before you plan to make this soup. However, if you forget or just don’t want to bother with it, you can still make this soup simply using canned chickpeas instead.
Once the chickpeas are soaked (or the cans are opened), simply add them to the Crock-pot slow cooker and then mix in the remaining ingredients except for the noodles and the optional lemon juice.
About 20 minutes before you’re ready to serve the soup, mix in the noodles and cook them until they reach your desired done-ness. Mine were perfect at about 15 minutes of cooking.Print
Easy and delicious Crockpot Chickpea Noodle Soup!
- 1 cup of dried chickpeas, drained overnight (you can sub this for 2 cans of drained and rinsed chickpeas)
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried and crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 8 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 8 ounces of pasta, I like using spiral noodles for a more classic soup
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- optional: 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- If you haven’t already done so, drain and rinse your chickpeas and then add them to your Crockpot.
- Add in the carrots, celery, onion, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, pepper, broth, olive oil, and parsley. Let cook on high for 4 hours of low for 6-7 hours. If using canned chickpeas, it really only needs to cook for about 2 hours on high to cook the veggies.
- Add in the noodles and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the noodles reach your desired texture. Stir in the lemon juice if using as well as additional salt and pepper.
- The pasta will really absorb a lot of the liquid so add additional broth/ water as needed.
- Serve and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Soup
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crockpot soup, slow cooker soup, vegan soup