Vegetarian Crockpot Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you’re in need of some meatless meal options, you’re in the right place! We’re sharing all of the best Vegetarian Crockpot Recipes that are so easy to make without spending hours in the kitchen. Win win! Delicious slow cooker dishes are so convenient; not only are they tasty, but they also basically cook themselves. Enjoy these satisfying, swoon-worthy vegetarian slow cooker recipes for any day of the week.
Slow cookers are the ultimate kitchen appliance for making easy, flavorful, hearty dinners with very little effort. For most of these recipes, you simply throw everything into the Crockpot, let it cook during the day, and come home to a comforting meal ready to be enjoyed.
To give you plenty of meatless, plant-based slow cooker meal ideas, we’re featuring our favorite delicious Vegetarian Crockpot Recipes. You won’t find any meat in these recipes, but what you will find is some major deliciousness!
From warm and cozy mulled cider to hearty slow cooker lasagna, here are our favorite slow cooker recipes that also happen to be vegetarian.
5 Favorite Vegetarian Crockpot Soup Recipes:
- Crockpot Potato Soup. Loaded with flavor and easy to make with potatoes, onions, garlic and cheddar cheese, all in a thick and creamy broth. A simple dinner option that’s hearty, comforting and loved by all!
- Crockpot Taco Soup. All of the delicious flavor of tacos, but in soup form! This soup recipe is absolutely incredible and so easy. It’s a hearty blend of black beans, salsa, corn, chickpeas and seasonings; all slow cooked to perfection.
- Slow Cooker White Bean Soup by Budget Bytes. This soup is thick, warm, comforting, and flavorful! It’s also very easy and inexpensive to make – less than 5 dollars for the WHOLE pot!
- Vegan Crockpot Chili. DELICIOUS slow cooker chili recipe that’s perfect for a crowd! This vegan chili is made with a combination of hearty, good-for-you ingredients and flavorful seasonings. It’s an easy recipe that comes together with very little effort.
- Slow Cooker Potato Chickpea Chili by Sweet Peas and Saffron. This chickpea chili is not only delicious, but hearty and so easy! It’s filled with sweet potatoes and smoky chipotle flavor. There’s no sautéing required, so the prep is super simple! Vegan, gluten-free and perfect for meal prep.
Vegetarian Sweet Recipes Made in the Crockpot:
- Slow Cooker Mulled Cider. A cozy and comforting drink that’s infused with warm spices. Wonderful to enjoy during the cold fall and winter season, also great to make during the holidays.
- Orange Cranberry Sauce. So easy to make with fresh orange juice, sugar, maple syrup, and bursting with cranberries. Delicious, tangy and a MUST at your Thanksgiving table!
- Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats by Fit Foodie Finds. This steel cut oats recipe is thick, creamy, spicy, and has just the right amount of sweetness. So simple too, just throw all of the ingredients into the Crockpot, turn it on, and you’ve got a healthy breakfast ready in no time and with little effort!
- Caramel Apple Dump Cake by Show Me the Yummy. This might just be the easiest dessert recipe EVER! Just 5 ingredients and 5-minute prep and you’ve got a DELICIOUS ooey-gooey, fall dessert.
Hearty Vegetarian Quinoa Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Coconut Quinoa Curry by Simply Quinoa. The best quinoa curry recipe! This healthy slow cooker coconut curry is one of the easiest meals ever. Just toss everything into the slow cooker and done!
- Quinoa Black Bean Crockpot Stuffed Peppers by Pinch of Yum. So flavorful and easy to make! These peppers are stuffed with a combination of quinoa, black beans, pepper jack cheese, enchilada sauce, and spices – all easy pantry ingredients that can be whipped together in a flash.
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Mexican Quinoa by Fit Foodie Finds. A delicious and wholesome stay-at-home meal that will last you all week long! Throw all of the ingredients into the slow cooker for a tasty, plant-based meal made with pantry staples!
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Mexican Quinoa Casserole y Eating Bird Food. A vegetarian Mexican dish made entirely in the slow cooker. Packed with sweet potatoes, black beans and taco seasoning, this is sure to be a family favorite! Vegetarian and gluten-free.
More Delicious Vegetarian Crockpot Recipes:
- Vegetarian Crockpot Lasagna. This loaded veggie cheesy lasagna is super simple to make and one of my favorite vegetarian dinners! It’s made with layers of veggies, sauce, noodles and plenty of cheese!
- Crockpot Pasta by Well Plated. This healthy Crockpot pasta tastes like traditional baked pasta, but is made entirely in a slow cooker, even the noodles! Cheesy, comforting, and SO yummy.
- Crockpot Butternut Squash Thai Curry by Mindful Avocado. Throw all the ingredients in your crockpot to make this easy vegan weeknight meal. Butternut squash, kale, and coconut milk help create this creamy, yet healthy slow cooker curry recipe.
- Vegetarian Slow Cooker Freezer Meals by Eating Bird Food. Four healthy vegetarian slow cooker freezer meals that you can prep ahead of time, freeze and dump into your slow cooker whenever you need a quick and easy meal.
- Slow Cooker Vegan Sweet and Sour Tempeh by Eating Bird Food. Make sweet and sour tempeh in your slow cooker that tastes exactly like Chinese takeout. It’s vegan, loaded with veggies and super easy to whip up!
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes. These are the most creamy, flavorful mashed potatoes and I know they will be your new favorite side dish. So easy too! This mashed potato recipe requires no boiling, simply add chopped potatoes to your slow cooker with water and broth and let the magic happen.
We’ve rounded up our favorite Vegetarian Crockpot recipes that are all simple to make but still filling and delicious!
- 1 1/2 pounds of baby bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 heaping cup of onions, finely diced
- 2 large carrots, finely diced
- 24 ounces jar of spaghetti sauce, divided
- 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 2 (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 15 ounces of ricotta cheese (can sub for vegan ricotta cheese)
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (sub for vegan shredded as desired or leave it out completely)
- 8–10 lasagna noodles
- In the bottom of your slow cooker, evenly spread 2/3 cup of the spaghetti sauce. Turn to high heat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the mushrooms and stir in the salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often until the mushrooms begin to release moisture. Continue to cook until most of the moisture is gone.
- Add in the olive oil, onions, and carrots. Continue to cook until the carrots just begin to soften. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and the tomato sauce. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella, italian seasoning, and spinach.
- Layer your lasagna: on top of the initial layer of sauce, place 2 lasagna noodles in the middle. Break a 3rd noodle in half and put it on the sides to fill in the gaps. It doesn’t need to be perfect for completely covered. Noodles come in different sizes so adjust the recipe to fit your noodles as needed.
- Finish the layering by spreading out 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, 1 cup of the veggie sauce, 2-3 more noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, 1 cup of sauce, 2-3 more noodles, remaining ricotta, and remaining sauce. Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add on the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese and cook on high for 30 more minutes.
- Serve and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Crockpot
- Method: Slow Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 484
- Sugar: 12.7 g
- Sodium: 1130.7 mg
- Fat: 15.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.4 g
- Protein: 33.9 g
- Cholesterol: 52.8 mg
Keywords: vegetarian crockpot recipes, crockpot recipes, veggie crockpot recipes