Vegan Crockpot Chili
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Vegan Crockpot Chili is SO easy to make and a great healthy vegan dinner!
If you’re thinking that this recipe looks familiar it’s because it’s VERY similar to THIS loaded vegan chili recipe that I posted not too long ago. It’s one of the most popular recipes on my blog right now and since I’ve been asked QUITE a few times if it could be adapted to a slow cooker recipe, I thought that I would give it a try.
Turns out, this vegan chili works GREAT in a crockpot. It makes the whole process significantly easier as well since you literally just dump everything in and then let the slow cooker work its magic. I’m a pretty big fan of delicious AND easy.
I’m not a big meal prep-er (largely because I work from home) but if I was, this crockpot vegan chili recipe would be one of my go tos. It lasts in the fridge for quite a few days while still tasting great and I always look forward to the leftovers (I definitely cannot say that about all of the recipes that I try!).
How to make Crockpot Vegan Chili:
I’ve seen a lot of slow cooker chili recipes that have you do a lot of cooking before you ever even add anything to the crockpot. I find this extremely unnecessary. I just dump the veggies in raw and let the slow cooker do all of the hard work.
For this vegan chili, simple put ALL of the ingredients into the crockpot (minus the corn which will go in at the end) and let it slow cook. SO FREAKIN’ EASY!
I cooked mine on high for 2 1/2 hours but low for about 5 hours will also do the trick! The corn gets mixed in before serving and is cooked just long enough to heat it through.
If you try out any variations to this recipe or try adding anything else in, please let me know! I always love to hear how you add to my recipes and how it turns out!
See how to make the slow cooker chili here:
DELICIOUS Vegan Crockpot Chili that’s perfect for a crowd!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed (or finely minced)
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can of great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa**
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of frozen corn (added in later)
- Salt to taste (I like this without any salt at all but add as desired)
- In a large slow cooker, add all of the ingredients MINUS the corn. Mix well and cook for 2-3 hours on HIGH or 4-5 hours on LOW.
- 30 minutes before serving, add in the corn and allow the chili to continue cooking until the corn is cooked through.
- Serve and ENJOY! Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a few days.
**Many people have pointed out to me that the video calls for cinnamon. I just messed up when editing the video. The recipe calls for COCOA
- Category: Vegan
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan, crockpot, slow cooker, chili, soup