Easy Lasagna Roll Ups
Growing up, my FAVORITE dish was always lasagna. When my mom asked what I wanted to eat on my birthday or any other special occasion, it was pretty much always lasagna. And even today, I still love it. I probably have my 50% Italian blood to thank for that :)
Today we’re putting a fun twist on classic lasagna with these Easy Lasagna Roll Ups.
I like these because they’re fun, easy to throw together, and don’t have to bake as long as traditional lasagna. That’s all a huge bonus in my book when I need dinner FAST.
This comes together in 3 easy steps: 1) boil your noodles. While you wait for the pasta to cook you 2) make the cheese filling. This is simple and involves simple mixing everything together in one bowl. Then you 3) assemble.
To assemble the roll ups, you divide the cheese mixture evenly among the sheets of pasta and loosely roll each up. You then place the rolls in your dish (with a little pasta sauce underneath) and then cover them with more sauce and cheese. Bake and DONE.
So simple and SO GOOD! I’m officially obsessed.
If you’re gluten free or looking for a lighter version of this recipe, I also have something similar but using zucchini ribbons. Get that recipe HERE.
If you make this or any of my other recipes, please don’t forget to tag me on social media! I always love seeing your meals.
See how to make these Easy Lasagna Roll Ups here:
- 4 oz of ricotta cheese
- 2 oz of cottage cheese (can also substitute this for more ricotta)
- 3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, shredded*
- 1/8 cup of fresh parsley
- 1/4 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 fresh egg
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 cup of pasta sauce, divided in half
- 1 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded or in small chunks
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees F and spray a (roughly) 9×9 inch pan or similar oval pan with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook your noodles according to package directions. Once done, drain and run under cold water to cool the noodles down.
- To make the ricotta filling: stir together all f the ricotta ingredients and set aside until the noodles are ready.
- In the bottom of your pan, spread out 3/4 cup of the pasta sauce.
- Lay all of your noodles flat and divide the cheese mixture evenly among the 8 noodles, spreading the mixture out evenly across each. Roll each noodle up loosely and arrange them in your baking dish.
- Top the rolls with the remaining pasta sauce and the mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve and ENJOY!
*you can sub for mozzarella if vegetarian
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: italian
Keywords: italian, lasagna, vegetarian, dinner