Fig & Walnut Side Salad
Super obsessed with this Fig & Walnut Side Salad that’s perfect for pizza night either as a side salad OR a salad topping! Salad on pizza= SO GOOD!
I’m excited to be partnering up with Sweet Earth again as they’re one of my all time favorite plant based food companies! They recently released a new line of frozen pizza’s and I’m obsessed.
They challenged me to come up with a good side salad for their Herb Lover’s Pizza that would also taste great on TOP of the pizza. I decided on a Fig & Walnut Arugula Salad with a balsamic dressing and OMG this salad on top of this pizza= my new favorite thing!
Before Jemma was born, we got an extra freezer JUST so that we could keep quick and easy meals like this always at hand. One of the best decisions EVER!
I wanted to keep the salad simple because when you’re having a pizza night, things should be simple, right? The hardest part is the balsamic reduction and that’s simply a matter of mixing 2 things in a pan and letting it simmer while the pizza is in the oven.
Once the pizza is ready (it just takes 12 minutes to bake!) all of the salad toppings are added on and it’s ready to enjoy!
Alternatively, you can enjoy the Herb Lover’s Pizza on it’s own and have the salad on the side. Both ways are amazing and HIGHLY recommended.
You can learn more about Sweet Earth’s new line of pizza’s HERE. So far I’ve tried the Herb Lover’s (about 10 times) and the Truffle Lover’s pizza.
Have a great (hopefully LONG) weekend! We’re trying to do our best to get out more and enjoy the slightly cooler weather.
See How to Make the Salad Pizza:
Thank you to Sweet Earth for sponsoring this post AND thank you for supporting the brands that keep Food with Feeling going!Print
- 1 Sweet Earth Herb Lover’s pizza
- ½ cup of walnuts
- 5 ounces of arugula/ mixed greens
- 1 medium carrot, shredded or shaved
- ½ cup sliced figs
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Balsamic reduction:
- ¾ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Cook pizza according to package instructions.
- Make the balsamic reduction by combining the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and lightly simmer for 10-15 minutes until thickened. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad by combining the arugula, figs, seeds, walnuts, and carrot.
- Once the pizza is ready, top it with a bit of the salad and ENJOY!