Avocado & Black Bean Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Looking for an easy and delicious side salad? This Avocado & Black Bean Salad comes together with just a handful of simple ingredients and requires no cooking! A super simple and filling salad!
It’s not often you see a salad recipe here on Food with Feeling :D BUT this one is simple and filling and SO DELICIOUS!
This salad is a result of several handfuls of random veggies leftover in my fridge. I always seem to have leftover tomato and onion laying around and HATE letting it go to waste. So, one day I threw together all of the random leftovers I could find and the result was this super simple salad. I LOVE IT SO MUCH! 😍
I love eating filling salads like this in the summer but honestly, this is delicious YEAR ROUND! When we have corn on hand, I also love to toss some of that in for a quintessentially summer salad YUM.
Because I wanted to keep it simple, I made a very basic dressing to toss over the veggies. The base of it is olive oil and lime juice with a little garlic and cumin mixed in as well. If you like things spicy, a little bit of cayenne or even sriracha would be SO GOOD mixed into the dressing as well. I’m a wimp when it comes to heat though :D
Main ingredients we’re working with in this Black Bean Salad:
- Black Beans– I used a simple 15-ounce can that I drained and thoroughly rinsed.
- Avocado– you could use more or less avocado depending on your preference. I often vary the amount that I put in the salad depending on the season and what I happen to have in the fridge.
- Tomato– I love this salad with tomato but if it’s not your thing, you could definitely leave it out.
- Onion– I happened to have some sweet onion lying around but really *any* kind would work well in this. Or even shallot if you want a milder taste.
- Cilantro– it blows my mind that some people don’t like cilantro but I know it’s a hereditary thing too. haha. IF you’re one of the weird people who isn’t super into cilantro, you can definitely leave it out.
- Lime– We’re using the juice AND zest from a lime for extra flavor.
That’s all for today! As usual, if you end up making this recipe, PLEASE snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what you’re making from my blog.
See how to make the Black Bean & Avocado Salad here:
This avocado and black bean salad is super simple to throw together and a delicious and filling salad!
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ¾ cup of sweet onion, finely diced
- 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup of cilantro
- zest of 1/2 a lime (about 1 teaspoon)
- Juice of 1 lime, about 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and zest, cumin, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the avocado, tomato, onion, black beans, and cilantro. Pour the dressing on top and toss to combine. Enjoy immediately or save for later!*
The lime juice helps the avocado from turning brown but this is still best enjoyed within 24 hours.
- Category: side dish
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan salad, avocado salad, black bean salad