Orange Marmalade Vegan Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
One of my all time favorite flavor combos is orange + chocolate. I could eat orange flavored chocolate ALL DAY LONG. Lets be honest, I could eat any chocolate all day long…..unless it’s white chocolate. I’m not a fan of white chocolate.
We’re going to keep things super simply on this dreary Friday morning. And, we’re going to have these Orange Marmalade Vegan Muffins (with chocolate chips!!).
We’re really big fans of muffins in my house. I find myself baking muffins at least once a week these days. I like to make a big batch of them on Sunday to enjoy with our breakfast and then bag up the rest of them for an on the go breakfast during the week.
I’ve also been doing some baking experimentation with new flours.
I’ve been seeing a lot of vegan recipes lately using whole wheat pastry flour. I decided to try it out and ordered this giant bag of whole wheat pastry flour from amazon (out household literally couldn’t function without prime shipping!).
We’re using this flour for our orange marmalade muffins today.
These muffins come together as typical muffins do. Sift together the dry ingredients. Mix together the wet ingredients and then fold it all together, adding in the chocolate chips at the end. It’s then all poured into a muffin tin. You could make 12 muffins with this recipe but it just so worked out to be better for 9-10 muffins.
Bake for just about 15 minutes and then ENJOY! I like to top mine with a bit of honey OR even a bit more marmalade!??
SO fluffy and moist and delicious!!
Have a wonderful weekend, friends!!Print
- 1 1/4 cup of whole wheat pastry flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2/3 cup of orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup of agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (could also use canola oil)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of dairy free chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line of grease a standard sized muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking flour, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the marmalade, agave nectar, oil, vanilla extract, and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold in until just mixed together. Be careful not to over stir! Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin cups and bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool briefly and ENJOY!!
Recipe adapted from 500 Vegan Recipes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes