This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Welcome to the final day of Pumpkin Week! I’ve been really into fritters lately (see HERE) so we’re rounding out or recipes with a PUMPKIN FRITTERS recipe!
I really loved putting together this week of pumpkin recipes! It’s something that I would love to do a few times a year. I’m strongly debating doing a cocktail week in early December (!!!) if I can find the time to test all of the recipes. It would be ridiculously hard work….having to recipe test cocktails day after day…but I want to do it for you :)
For the fritters: I wanted a recipe where we could use fresh pumpkin (is similar ways that we often use other squashes) instead of canned pumpkin puree. I did a video for a client recently where she put fresh chunks of pumpkin in a curry and it was SO GOOD and so I wanted to come up with other fun ways to use fresh pumpkin. There are so many recipes out there for other squashes but not very many that utilize fresh pumpkin. I hope to fix that :)
Oh, and that pumpkin curry recipe that I was talking about can be found HERE.
To make the fritters, we just need a skillet with hot oil in it and a big bowl. All of the ingredients get mixed together into the same bowl while the oil is getting hot. Once ready, we’ll drop about 1/8 of a cup of the pumpkin batter into the skillet and flatten it lightly.
The pumpkin fritters are fried for about 3-4 minutes on each side so that they’re a nice golden brown all around.
AND that’s it. Super simple and easy and SO GOOD! The parmesan and pumpkin combo is one that I really love!
AND that’s a wrap on Pumpkin Week 2018! In case you’ve been following along very closely (is anyone doing that!?) I had originally planned on posting 6 recipes. BUT life is busy and instead of finishing that last recipe, I took Jemma to a pumpkin patch and farm this morning to spend time with family :) The perfect ending to pumpkin week, right?Print
- 2 cups of grated pumpkin ( I use the larger grate option on my box grater)
- ⅓ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, parmesan, garlic powder, egg, and rosemary. Stir to combine.
- Add in the flour, salt and pepper, and baking powder. Mix to combine.
- In a medium-large skillet, heat a thin layer of oil until hot. Taking about 1/8 cup of the pumpkin batter, put it into the hot oil and flatten lightly with your hands (be careful!).
- Cook until golden brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: frying
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: pumpkin, fritters, fried