Sweet Potato Dog Ice Cream
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Have you ever wondered how to make dog ice cream? This Easy to make Sweet Potato Dog Ice Cream is perfect for summer!
My Homemade Dog Ice Cream recipe is going BONKERS on my blog right now so I thought it was time that I create a new flavor for your pups to try! This recipe is very similar to my original dog ice cream recipe. Instead of the banana, I swapped in some sweet potato.
Similar to the effects of pumpkin, sweet potato is high in dietary fiber and can be good for a dogs digestive health. At the absolute least, it’s sweet and mine LOVE it :)
The recipe calls for everything to be placed into a food processor or blender in order to get it all very creamy. However, I often make these by just whisking the ingredients in a bowl out of laziness. Doing this, I typically end up with a few small chunks of sweet potato puree as you can see in the photos BUT I don’t think the dogs mind it at all and it kind of looks nice :)
To make this sweet potato dog ice cream you just need THREE simple ingredients:
- yogurt of choice
- pureed sweet potato (can easily swap for pumpkin puree)
- natural peanut butter
That’s all for today! If you make this puppy ice cream, please don’t forget to tag me on social media! I always love to see which of my recipes you are making.
More dog treats to try:
- 16 oz of plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup of sweet potato puree* (can be swapped for canned pumpkin if desired)
- 1/3 cup of homemade peanut butter (you could use a bit less if desired)
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can mix everything together in a bowl, making sure to break up the sweet potato as much as possible (this is what I did).
- Once all of the ingredients are blended, pour the mixture into your desired containers for freezing.
- Place in the freezer for at least a few hours to harden.
- Feed to your pups and enjoy their excitement and gratitude (I like to pretend my dogs say thank you. I know they mean it).
*to make sweet potato puree, simple cook a sweet potato and mash the inside until very little chunks remain.
*the amount of treats that this makes is totally dependent on what you freeze them in.
- Category: dog treats
- Method: ice cream
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dog treats, frosty paws, sweet potato