Vegan Grilled Pizza
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Today I’ve partnered up with Violife to make this super simple and DELICIOUS Grilled Vegan Pizza! Their dairy free mozzarella is the true star of this recipe and I can’t wait for you to try it. Thank you to Violife for sponsoring this post and thank YOU for supporting the brands that make Food with Feeling possible.
I’m so excited to be working with Violife for this recipe. I’ve used their products a lot over the past year+ and they are LEGIT the best vegan cheeses I’ve tried (and let me tell you, I’ve tried a lot in the search for the best vegan cheese). If you’ve followed me on Instagram for a while then you’ve inevitably seen me post about Violife a few times.
The very first of their cheeses that I tried was the vegan parmesan and OMG is it GOOD. It looks, tastes, grates, and melts just like a traditional block of parmesan and I love it so much for that. The next one was their feta and that’s another favorite of mine.
Violife recently sent me all of their products to try and they’re seriously all so good. Besides the parmesan and feta, they also have a line of shredded cheeses, cream cheeses, as well as cheese slices that make the BEST melty vegan grilled cheese ever.
For today’s recipe, I used a combination of the mozzarella shreds as well as a little of the Parmesan. While I highly suggest a combination of the two, you could definitely get away with a more traditional use of just the mozzarella. If you’ve never tried it, you’re going to be blown away by how delicious Violife’s mozzarella is AND how well it melts compared to other vegan cheeses out there.
If you’re wanting to make a VEGAN pizza for those skeptical of vegan recipes, THIS cheese is what you need to win them over. There’s really no compromise in taste and texture and everyone is going to be surprised how much they love it considering it’s dairy free and vegan. While I eat a predominantly plant based diet, you know that I still enjoy eggs and cheese sometimes. But despite that, I still LOVE love Violife’s cheeses.
Alright- so for the Grilled Pizza.
If you’re wondering WHY you would grill a pizza instead of baking it, let me offer you a few reasons:
- It’s fun! Since the pizza cooks so quickly, this is perfect for family pizza night where everyone can choose their own toppings and help put the pizzas on the grill. There’s just something different and fun about grilling a pizza that I’ve always loved.
- You don’t have to turn your oven on. This, for me, is reason enough to use the grill instead of heating my whole house up by turning on the oven in the middle of the summer.
- It’s quick. The pizza only needs 90 seconds on the grill to start and then an additional 3-5 minutes once all of the toppings have been added. It’s so fast and I love it for that.
- PERFECT crust. One of my favorite parts about grilling a pizza is that you get this delicious crust that’s perfectly crispy on the outside while still being soft on the inside. It’s just a perfect combo that I can rarely get in the oven.
That’s it for today! I hope that you have a lovely holiday weekend with lots of delicious (vegan!) grilled food!
See how to make the Vegan Grilled Pizza here:
This GRILLED Vegan Pizza is super easy to make and perfect for summer grilling and get togethers!
- 1 vegan pizza dough
- 1/2 cup of marinara sauce (more or less as desired, I like a lot :D)
- 6–8 oz of Violife Just Like Mozzarella Shreds*
- optional pizza toppings such as tomatoes, onion, mushroom, bell pepper etc.
- Roll/ stretch out your pizza dough in a circle so that it’s roughly 12 inches wide. When I’m grilling pizza, I typically don’t worry about getting it into a perfect circle. Place the dough onto a floured surface such as a pizza tray or the bottom of a baking tray. You want something that will make it easy to slide the pizza off of and onto the grill.
- While the dough rests, pre-heat your grill to about 350 degrees F. Once hot, CAREFULLY brush the grates with oil. I do this by dipping a folded paper towel in oil and then rubbing it onto the grates.
- Carefully slide your dough onto the grill and close the lid. Grill for 90 seconds and then check the bottom. You want it to have a nice crust on the bottom but still be rather raw on the top. Remove from the grill and place the pizza back on the tray with the grilled side up (see video for reference). Re-grease the grill grates.
- Top with the sauce, cheese, and other toppings of choice. Gently slide the pizza back onto the grill, close the lid, and grill for 3-5 additional minutes. Once the cheese is melted and the bottom has developed a nicely grilled and crispy crust, it’s done. Remove from the grill (I usually do this by sliding a large metal spatula under the pizza and guiding it onto the baking tray.
- Let rest a few minutes and ENJOY!
*I typically use about 6 ounces but sometimes use the entire bag for an EXTRA cheesy pizza :)
- Category: pizza
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: grilled pizza, vegan pizza, vegan cheese