Vegan Pizza Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy Vegan Pizza– this cheese free pizza is super simple to throw together and perfect for family pizza night! The delicious crust and sautéed veggies make you not even miss the cheese :D
Oh HEY perfect pizza that I love! Giving up cheese has ALWAYS been one of the hardest part about eating a more plant based diet. ESPECIALLY ON PIZZA. Giving up that cheese can be hard.
However, this vegan pizza is seriously SO GOOD. The combo of the crispy and soft vegan pizza crust + the sauteed veggies makes this absolutely delicious and you legit do not even miss the cheese. Although, I did add a sprinkle of vegan grated parmesan on top :D
Is pizza dough vegan?
One of the most commonly asked questions is whether or not pizza dough is vegan. The average pizza dough recipe is naturally vegan (although there can always be exceptions to this) and I recently published my own Vegan Pizza Dough Recipe.
If you make vegan regularly, I highly suggest getting a pizza stone. I didn’t feature it in my photos but we pretty much always use one. It’s gotten so stained and burned around the edges that I thought it might not make for the prettiest and most appealing photos :) But trust, they’re great! If you don’t have one, you can simple use any baking tray that you have lying around.
How to Make Vegan Pizza
Start out by making your vegan pizza crust. I outlined how to do this in my last post HERE.
As mentioned in that post, if you do not have a pizza stone, I recommend pre-baking the pizza crust for 5 minutes before adding all of the toppings. If you DO have a pizza stone, you can roll out the dough and once on the pizza stone, add the toppings immediately without pre-baking.
NOW for our toppings. While all of the veggies COULD go on raw, this vegan pizza tastes SO MUCH BETTER if the veggies are sautéed first. Pre-cooking them really helps bring out the flavors and I love it! To do this, I simple heat a little oil in a skillet and saute the veggies for about 15 minutes.
To assemble the pizza, top the crust with sauce (as much or as little as you’d like…I like it extra saucy!) and then the sautéed veggies. I also added a few extra RAW pieces of red onion because I love the crunch it adds.
Now it just needs to bake for about 15 minutes or until the crust is a nice and golden brown with just the right amount of soft and crunch.
I topped mine with a little bit of vegan parmesan that I bought online. You can also make your own vegan parm using THIS RECIPE from Minimalist Baker (one of my FAV sources for great plant based recipes!).
AND that’s it. PERFECT Homemade Vegan Pizza that’ll make you FORGET the cheese completely :)
I created this recipe kind of as a guide but feel free to use whatever veggies you’d like or whatever you happen to have on hand!
More Vegan Pizza Ideas:
EASY Vegan Pizza recipe that’s perfect for pizza night and something that the whole family will LOVE!
- One vegan pizza dough
- 1/2 cup of marinara sauce (more or less as desired, I like a lot :D)
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon of fine sea salt
- ⅔ cup of mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of sliced black olives
- ½ cup of red onion
- optional: vegan cheese for topping
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees F. If you haven’t already done so, prepare your crust. Recipe HERE. If you do NOT have a pizza stone, pre-bake the crust for 5 minutes after poking small holes all over the crust. If you DO have a pizza stone, you can skip the pre-baking process.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and once hot, add in the peppers, onion, and spices. Saute for 10 minutes, stirring often. Add in the mushrooms and saute for 5 additional minutes. Take off of the heat and set aside.
- To assemble the pizza, spread your sauce evenly over the pizza crust and then top with the sauteed veggies. If using, evenly distribute the black olives and the raw red onion on the pizza as well.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the crust is nice and golden brown around the edges.
- Top with optional vegan parmesan cheese and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 86
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 293.8 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.4 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: 3.5 mg
Keywords: vegan pizza recipe, easy pizza recipe, cheese free pizza