Vegan Protein Pancakes
This Vegan Protein Pancake recipe is easy to make and the perfect start to your day!
My Protein Pancakes recipe has become one of my most popular recipes on the blog lately so I figured that it was finally time to make a VEGAN version of of these healthy blender pancakes. That’s right, the batter can all be blended together in a blender which makes the whole process ridiculously easy!
I first got into making protein powder pancakes many years ago when I was originally introduced to Tone It Up. They were always talking about protein banana pancakes and after trying them, I quickly became hooked. In fact, my own version of those pancakes is one of the very first recipes that I posted here on my blog. You can see that post HERE but please don’t laugh too hard at the terrible food photography. I was actually SO proud of those photos when I first took them. 🤣
I kept this vegan version of the protein pancakes pretty simple and as close to my original recipe as possible. The main thing was swapping out the eggs for something else. I tried it several different ways but eventually settled on a simple flax egg as a replacement. Easy and nutritious!
If you want to make these pancakes as a meal prep recipe, you can make them ahead of time and then freeze them to eat later. Then just heat them up as you’re ready to eat. Since I work from home, I’m not huge into meal prep, honestly. But if I WAS a meal-prepper, I would totally make these banana protein pancakes on the REG.
How to Make Protein Pancakes:
It’s ridiculously easy to whip together a batch of these pancakes.
ALL of the ingredients are added into a blender and blended until the oats are completely broken down and you have a smooth consistency. The batter is then poured onto a hot griddle or skillet and cooked for about 5 minutes on each side.
The trick with these pancakes is to cook them a little lower and a little slower than regular pancakes.
While these pancakes genuinely taste SO GOOD, they’re not super light and fluffy like regular pancakes. They’re a bit denser but still sweet and yummy :)
As usual, PLEASE please tag me on Instagram or come back here to leave a comment if you do end up making these pancakes.Print
These Vegan Protein Pancakes are easy to make and the prefect vegan breakfast for any day!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoons of baking powder
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup of protein powder
- 1 cup +2 tablespoons milk or water
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until very few lumps remain.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Once hot, scoop the batter onto the griddle. I used about 1/2 cup per pancake but you can do more or less depending on the size that you want your pancakes.
- Cook the pancakes until the begin to bubble and a spatula is easy slid underneath; this take about 5 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Repeat until all of the batter is gone.
- Enjoy right away with your favorite toppings!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan breakfast, protein pancakes, healthy breakfast