Vegan Salsa Con Queso
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Vegan Salsa con queso is so ridiculously delicious, you won’t even notice that there’s no dairy in it! While I love a good cashew queso, this dip is completely nut free and made with whole foods.
With the end of football season quickly approaching, I figured that it was time we re-made and re-vamped this vegan queso recipe. This is one of the first vegan recipes that I ever posted on the blog about 5 years ago and I really wanted to give it a refresh AND a nice video to go along with it!
The recipe itself is a variation of my original Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce. Really all we’re doing is adding some salsa and a small can of green chiles but it adds SUCH a delicious boost of flavor and I love it for that.
BAM. Delicious Salsa Con Queso!! I also decreased the broth and added a bit more flour to give it a thicker consistency and make it a bit more scoopable.
In college, one of my ALL TIME favorite things to eat (as unnatural and processed as it really is) was the jarred salsa con queso. They sold it in a little shop on campus and I got it from time to time. This recipe is my attempt to veganize that dip that I loved so much in college. Not only is it vegan but I venture to say that it’s MUCH healthier as well.
You *could* put this on nachos but I’m a huge fan of simply dipping chips into this queso. You just have to be careful because next thing you know, you’ve eaten half of the bowl…..all by yourself. True story.
If you’re also feeling feisty (or want to further confuse your meat eating friends), try sprinkling some plant based beef on top to take it to the next level. I tried the Lightlife meatless original crumbles and really liked it! But again, this queso is GREAT even without the meat crumbles.
Have fun with it!!
As usual, PLEASE let me know if you make this recipe and how you like it! You can come back here and leave a comment or tag me on instagram (@foodwithfeeling).
See how to make the vegan queso here:Print
This Vegan salsa con queso is easy to make and so ridiculously delicious considering it’s dairy free!
- 1 15 ounce can of white beans (I used cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth (I use this broth base)
- 1 large jalapeno, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 3 heaping tablespoons of all purpose flour*
- salt and pepper to taste (but it doesn’t need much!)
- 1 cup of chunky salsa (could also use rotel)
- 4 ounce can of green chiles, drained
- In a medium pot, stir together the beans, broth, jalapeno, bell pepper, and spices. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Stir in the nutritional yeast, dijon. Whisk in the flour and continue to whisk until the sauce begins to thicken, bout 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Blend the mixture using an immersion blender OR add it to the base of a blender/ food processor and blend until creamy.
- Pour the queso into a large bowl and mix in the chunky salsa and green chiles. Serve immediately and ENJOY!
*oat flour or a gluten free blend would also work well
- Category: dip
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan queso, vegan salsa con queso, vegan cheese dip
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”delHQc2O” upload-date=”2021-02-03T05:18:31.000Z” name=”Vegan Salsa con queso” description=”Vegan Salsa con queso” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]