Vegan Seven Layer Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Well. Okay. The Packers aren’t going to the Superbowl next weekend. ???? We were rooting for them so hard but man was that game painful to watch. I checked out about 1/2 way through (if I’m being honest).
However, they still had a great season and I’m going to celebrate that. ???? My dad would have been VERY proud of them. And, we’re still going to celebrate the Superbowl starting off with this Vegan Seven Layer Dip!
Now, 7 layer dips look really pretty when you put them in a deep dish so that all of the layers really shine through the glass. HOWEVER, I personally am not a fan of that because it makes actually eating the dish such a pain in the butt when it’s rather difficult to scoop out with a chip. So, I opted for this long and shallow baking dish to make things MUCH easier. Less attractive but vastly more practical. I feel the same way about salads in jars which are only good if you pour it out into a bowl to eat it OR if you enjoy eating your salads one vegetable at a time. But, I digress ????
I’m slowly put surely trying to provide you with a wide plethora of party dishes that are good for get togethers, work parties, and (most importantly), FOOTBALL parties! ????????????
Okay well, that’s all I have for you on this dreary Monday morning. I hope you have some good ideas for vegan football party dishes (or just regular vegan party dishes if football just isn’t your thang :)).
Have a LOVELY week dear friends!Print
- 1 (roughly 15 ounce) can of vegetarian refried beans
- 3 large avocados, mashed (can also use 1 1/2 cups of guacamole)
- 1 1/2 cups of vegan sour cream, store bought or homemade
- 1 1/2–2 cups of vegan nacho cheese sauce
- 1 cup of lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup of black olives, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, chopped into quarters (or smaller if desired)
- 2/3 cup of red onion, finely chopped
- optional: 1/2 cup of green onion, 1/2 cup of salsa
- for serving: your favorite tortilla chips!
- Starting with the refried beans, layer all of the ingredients in a large baking dish so that each layer is evenly spread out.
- Once you get to the lettuce, sprinkle the lettuce, olives, tomatoes, red onion, and green onion evenly across the top of the layered dip.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips!