Vegan Taco Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Vegan Taco Salad is packed with nutrient rich protein and is so ridiculously filling. It can be easily adjusted to fit your taste and is one of my all time favorite meal prep recipes!
I teased this taco salad recipe yesterday when I posted the walnut taco meat and I’m so excited for you to make this! I tested the recipe a few times despite how simple it is but mostly just because I wanted an excuse to make it again (and then again!).
I will no doubt be making this recipe this week too and I already can’t wait because it’s so filling and so so delicious.
I’m going to keep things short and sweet today because I’m just coming home from a work trip and am TIRED. But I also couldn’t wait to post this recipe because I’m trying in love with it and am eager to see y’all starting to make it.
I’m using the walnut taco meat this I posted yesterday (you can get that recipe HERE) but I have several other vegetarian taco options including tofu and quinoa taco meat as well as tempeh taco meat. Any of those would be delicious on this taco salad or even just a can of chickpeas/ black beans. Whatever you have on hand!
Making the “meat” is what takes the longest and even that comes together in just about 10 minutes. From there, it’s mostly just a matter of assembling the salad.
The the dressing, I’m using a mixture of vegan sour cream + salsa and you really need to trust me on this one because it is GOOD! Like seriously, ridiculously delicious and you have to try it. However, if you want something a bit lighter, I’ve also tried this salad with THIS homemade Cilantro Vinaigrette and it’s delicious!
For meal prep, I suggest keeping most of the elements separated and then tossing it all together when you are ready to eat. I typically mix together the walnut meat, beans, and corn in a container and then heat that up before eating. Then put that mixture on top of the lettuce with the other toppings + dressing and toss it all together.
So simple and I love how incredibly filling this meal is too.
That’s all I have for you today- I really hope that you love this recipe as much as I do. I just can’t believe how good it is! And if you do end up making it, be sure to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling or come back here to leave a comment and rating directly on the recipe (I always really love to see what y’all are making!).Print
This Vegan Taco Salad is so simple to make and is a truly great FILLING vegetarian meal that everyone will love.
- 1 batch of walnut taco meat (also try THIS tempeh taco meat or THIS tofu taco meat)
- 4–6 cups of romaine depending on how big you want the salads
- Handful of tortilla chips, crumbled
- 1/2 cup of pico de gallo or other salsa (can sub with diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup of canned corn (or fresh/ thawed as desired)
- 1/2 cup of cooked black beans
- Lime wedge for serving
- 1/2 of an avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup of vegan sour cream
- 1/3 cup of your favorite salsa
- If you haven’t already done so, make your vegan taco meat. My favorite is the walnut taco meat but the tofu or tempeh meat is delicious as well!
- Make the dressing by mixing together the sour cream and salsa until combined.
- Assemble the salads by evenly dividing all of the ingredients among 2 bowls. You can also make 4 smaller salads as desired!
- For meal prep: mix together the salad, corn, and pico de gallo. In a separate container, mix together the vegan meat and black beans. Before serving, heat up the meat mixture and place it on top of the lettuce along with the remaining ingredients and dressing.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: salad
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan salad, vegan taco salad, vegetarian taco salad