Vegan Zucchini Bread Muffins
Vegan Zucchini Bread Muffins for when you want a little pocket of zucchini bread goodness on the go!
Oh hey! Long time, no see! If you follow me on Instagram (let’s be friends!) then you’ll see that I’ve been in Europe the past few weeks. We got back late Wednesday night and wasted no time jumping right into work.
And we’re all still trying to get over jet lag. Jemma and I were awake for a while around 4am this morning but then fell asleep and didn’t get out of bed until after 8am. Morning was redeemed when Stephen made us breakfast complete with homemade biscuits. SO, I’m finally ready to sit down and share these muffins with you :)
How to Make Vegan Zucchini Bread Muffins
PLUS zucchini is everywhere and in abundance right now so really you have no reason not to make these this weekend.
I used to make these muffins by first mixing together the wet ingredients and then the dry ingredients before combining them. BUT then I discovered that you ultimately get the same results by just mixing everything together into one big bowl THUS saving yourself a dirty dish to wash.
And don’t forget the OH SO IMPORTANT step of thoroughly wringing the excess moisture out of your grated zucchini. This is not a step that you can skip, mkay!?
Jemma’s FIRST BIRTHDAY is this weekend which is completely mind blowing. I have absolutely no idea how it’s been a whole year since I gave birth to that little one and I’m excited to celebrate.
I hope you have a great weekend that’s filled with LOTS of fluffy muffins.Print
- 1 cup of flour (I used all purpose flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of nut butter- I used peanut butter this time but have also made these with almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup of grated zucchini
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 6 cup muffin tin.
- Place your zucchini in a kitchen towel or paper towels and ring out as much of the moisture as you can. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the milk, nut butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and mashed banana. Stir until well combined.
- Gently fold in the zucchini.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the 6 muffin cups.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!!
Keywords: baking, vegan, muffins, breakfast