Ahi Tuna Tacos with Chunky Pineapple Salsa
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Happy Monday, friends! How was your weekend?? I had one of those weekends where Monday morning was very hard to cope with (aka, a really good weekend). I ate a RIDICULOUS amount of delicious food, much of which I plan to share with you tomorrow in my first weekend wonders post of 2016. The spark notes version of my weekend: goat cheese, crème brulee, fun with a kitchen torch, new photography table (!!!), crawfish, my favorite Nashville beer, gardening, and lots of snapchat (I’m obsessed!!! @bbritnell). More on all of that tomorrow.
But first, can we please make today Taco Monday? (can we please make every day taco day??). Let’s start with these Ahi Tuna Tacos with Chunky Pineapple Salsa. K?
These tacos are made using Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna (<<<<OMG so good!!). Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna with Garlic-Peppercorn Rub is the first ever sushi quality “thaw and serve” packaged seafood product. It stays frozen during the processing and is never fully defrosted or re-frozen during preparation, so we can guarantee our quality is on par with what you expect from fine chefs who know how to source the best product for their restaurants. Needless to say, I’m a huge fan!
I’ve mentioned this quite a few time: living in Nashville, we don’t have a lot of accessibility to fresh seafood. Bumble Bee SuperFresh® is a complete line of naturally-seasoned, restaurant quality, “fish-forward” prepared seafood solutions for the home. It raises the bar for what seafood lovers can expect from frozen food! <<<< that makes it PERFECT for me and for others that don’t have easy access to fresh fish.
I might be a little biased but these tacos are AMAZING and one of the best tacos I’ve EVER made at home. I wasn’t really sure how Ahi Tuna would be on tacos, honestly. I was a bit skeptical at first. But, I’m here to tell you that Ahi Tuna Tacos are DELICIOUS and I’m also here to tell you that you should make some ASAP (remember, we’re declaring every day taco day).
The other thing I LOVE about these Ahi Tuna Tacos is how easy they are!! I made these particular tacos a few times and each time jut the took the ahi tuna out of the freezer a few hours before I was ready to make the tacos. Then it’s as simple as throwing the salsa and avocado sauce together and assembling the tacos. I’m a huge fan of easy!!
These tacos consist of a bit of cabbage, some of my yummy avocado sauce that we first used in THESE tacos, the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna, and some of this omg-so-amazing Chunky Pineapple Salsa.
Seriously! ^^^^^^^^^^^That salsa= one of my new favorite things! The tequila (which could be omitted if necessary) gives the salsa such a wonderful bite to it. Also, I discovered that this salsa is best if made a day in advance. It gives all the flavors a bit of time to become friends and the pineapple time to soak up all the juices of the lime and tequila. It works both ways though.
If you’ve never tried Ahi Tuna tacos, I highly suggest that you add it to you must-eat list! Also, you should definitely check out Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna as well as all of their other amazing products. Their premium Salmon and Tilapia come with their own parchment paper baking pouch and go from freezer to table in under 25 minutes. High in protein, richly seasoned with pure and simple ingredients that let their fish shine through! The newest Seared Ahi tuna item is seasoned with a few simple ingredients, seared and thinly sliced. You simply defrost in your fridge for approximately 3 hours and it is ready to plate!
You can find Bumble Bee SuperFresh® in the frozen seafood section, typically near the seafood counter, at your local grocery store. Be sure to check out the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® store locator to find their products near you!Print
For the tacos:
- Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna with Garlic-Peppercorn Rub
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup of red cabbage, chopped
- Optional for garnish: extra cilantro, Sriracha
For the Chunky Pineapple Salsa:
- 1 cup of pineapple, finely chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (or more if desired)
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon of tequila (optional but recommended!)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Avocado Sauce:
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 avocado, pitted and skinned
- small handful of chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- S&P to taste
- Remember to put the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna in the fridge to thaw 3 hours before using it.
- Make the salsa by combining the pineapple, red onion, jalapeno, 2 tablespoons of cilantro, zest and juice of 1 lime, tequila, and salt in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the sour cream, avocado, cilantro, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Process until creamy and smooth- just about 30 seconds. Taste and add in a bit more salt and pepper if needed.
- Lay out all of the tortillas and top with a handful of the cabbage and a heaping tablespoon (or 2) of the pineapple salsa. Place 2 pieces of the Ahi Tuna on top of each tortilla and top with the avocado sauce. If desired: garnish with a bit more cilantro and some sriracha sauce.
- ENJOY some of the best tacos you’ve ever made at home!!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.