Apple Green Juice
This Apple Green Juice is seriously the sweetest and most delicious juice I’ve ever made at home! And BONUS: it’s packed with nutrients and a great way to get some extra greens in your diet without even knowing that they’re there. It’s a take on my classic green juice recipe with a bit more apple making it even sweeter that the original.
This is easily one of my favorite juice recipes that I’ve ever made. The addition of the extra green apples makes this SO sweet and so ridiculously satisfying to drink. Pretty sure that I could have this every single day and never get sick of it!
Because I know I’m going to get asked: yes, you *could* make this with a different variety of apples other than granny smith apples. However, that will alter the end taste and while I’m sure it will still be delicious, you definitely need to try it with granny smith apples at some point. if you just happen to have other apples on hand right now, use those AND THEN next time, make sure to get granny smith, mmkay?
I want this recipe to be a starting off point for you. If you really love (or don’t love) ginger, feel free to add more or less of it as you see fit. You can leave it out completely if you wish.
Similarly, you can use pretty much any greens that you want. I got a great deal on spinach so that’s what I used but I often make this with kale or whatever conglomerate of lettuce we happen to have left over in the fridge. Any green will work so use what you’ve got/ prefer!
I like to start with half of a lemon, taste, and then add the other half depending on my mood and how it’s tasting. I always hate having half of something left to possibly get lost in the back of the fridge (we’re really bad about that in our hose!).
Start with my base juice recipe listed below and then adjust to suite your desires. if you happen to have it lying around, you could throw in a couple of carrots, some beets, really whatever veggies you have that you think might be nice in this juice.
I have a centrifugal force juicer which ends of adding a lot of extra air to the final product in form of foam. As you can see in the photo above, there’s a thick layer of foam on top of the juice. This is perfectly fine to drink (according to a few sources that I’ve read) but can be a little off putting. I like to stir the foam into the juice so that everything is well incorporated and then simply skim off the top layer that is left after I stir.
It is certainly not necessary to skim off that top layer so try it both ways and see what suites you.
Some green juice benefits:
- Can boost your intake of antioxidants. Give me ALL of the antioxidants PLEASE
- Can help you get your daily dose of fruits and veg
- Can improve gut health due to the digestive enzymes and prebiotics found in green juice
- Can help support a healthy immune system due to all of the extra nutrients you consume in a green juice
- ALSO: IT TASTES DELICIOUS!
A couple more juice recipe that you might enjoy:
See how to make the juice here:
This Apple Green Juice is simple to make and so ridiculously satisfying!
- 4 medium green apples
- 1 cucumber
- ½ lemon
- 6 cups of packed greens*
- 1 inch ginger**
- 2 large handfuls of spinach (about 2 cups of leaves)
- Every juicer is a little different so read the manual to know if yours recommends using different settings for different kinds of fruits and vegetables.
- Add all of the ingredients to the juicer. Give the juice a good stir and ENJOY!
- If you use a juicer similar to mine, you’ll end up with a lot of foam at the top which is mostly air. It’s completely fine to drink but what I usually do is give everything a good stir and then spoon off some of the foam.
- I usually split this juice into 2-3 servings. If saving some for later, store it in an air tight container in the fridge and enjoy within 48 hours.
*I used spinach but you can use any greens that you wish
**You can omit the ginger if it’s not something that you like. You could also add MORE if you love it like I do :)
- Category: Juice
- Method: Juicing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: green juice, apple juice, juice recipe