Berry Dutch Baby
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Berry Dutch Baby Pancake recipe is so simple to make and such a great way to use up fresh berries! It’s an easy and delicious breakfast that everyone will truly love!
I made my first dutch baby about 6 years ago and I have been THOROUGHLY obsessed ever since then! If you’ve never tried one, it’s like a dense pancake that’s also fluffy and just SO GOOD!
I also love that it all cooks at the same time and I don’t have to stand over the stove cooking multiple batches of pancakes. Sometimes lazy breakfasts are the best breakfasts.
Quite a few years ago, I posted a SAVORY dutch baby and I highly suggest that you give that one a try as well! You can get that recipe HERE!
BUT today: we’re talking about this sweet and berry filled dutch baby that I can’t wait for you to try!
One of the things that I love most about it is how SUPER simple it is to make. Lets quickly go over it.
What is a Dutch baby:
A Dutch Baby (which is Dutch at all) is a pancake that’s cooked in a piping hot skillet placed in the oven. Usually it involves melting butter in a cast iron skillet and getting the pan nice and hot BEFORE pouring in the pancake batter.
It’s similar to a Yorkshire pudding, if you’re familiar with those!
The end result is pretty similar to a pancake but because of the multiple eggs, the dutch baby ends up a little denser (but still puffed up and fluffy at the same time!).
How to make a Dutch Baby Pancake:
Typically when making a dutch baby, you would place the cast iron skillet into the oven while it preheats so that it’s super hot when you pour the batter in. HOWEVER, for this recipe, we’re going to heat the skillet on the stovetop so that we can lightly saute the fruit before adding in the batter.
Melt the butter in the skillet and add in the berries. Cook for a few minutes.
Meanwhile you’ll blend all of the dutch baby ingredients in a blender or food process and then pour the batter into the hot skillet. Transfer it immediately to the hot oven and bake.
THAT’S IT! So super easy!
As usual, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from my blog.Print
This Berry Dutch Baby is simple to make and such a great way to use up fresh berries! It’s an easy and delicious breakfast everyone will love!
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy free as desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons of butter, divided
- 2/3 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 cup of strawberries, chopped or thinly sliced
- optional for serving: powdered sugar and syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a blender, combine the sugar, almond extract, lemon zest, eggs, flour, milk, and salt and blend until smooth.
- In a large oven-safe skillet (I used a 9 inch cast iron) over medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add in the blueberries and strawberries and saute until softened lightly, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the batter and immediately transfer it to the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until it’s puffed up around the edges and browned all over.
- Dust lightly with powdered sugar and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 17.8 g
- Sodium: 359.4 mg
- Fat: 15.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.6 g
- Protein: 7.8 g
- Cholesterol: 170.6 mg
Keywords: easy dutch baby, berry dutch baby, strawberry dutch baby