The BEST Protein Bars EVER
These protein bars are ridiculously easy to make. Require NO baking. And, as previously mentioned, they’re the BEST protein bars ever.
While I would love to stay and chat (and ramble on) with you for a very long time today, I need to keep things short (and SWEET) as I need to finish my packing and get on the road. Yea, I know; I’ve mention 100 times that Playoffs are this weekend.
SO, these protein bars are to be eaten in between playing games against Houston and then London. We’re going to need a lot of muscle power for that and I’m READY.
Alright, let’s do it.
You can use whatever kind of sticky fruit that you so desire. However, I’m a bit date obsessed right now so…
Oh, and I used THIS delicious homemade peanut butter recipe for these. SO good!
Basically, just dump all of your ingredients (minus the chocolate) into a food processor.
Process for a good few minutes until everything is NICE and cozy and thoroughly blended together.
You’ll know it’s done if you’re able to press it together into a ball and it stays.
Once the mixture is ready, dump it all in a small squar(ish) dish.
This dish is going to be SO happy with itself that you might catch it doing a little happy protein jig. This sometimes happens but at least I’ve warned you.
Now, this is important: You
want need to press it ALL in there really good. It needs to be nice and tight and compact in the dish.
Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Melt your dark chocolate and pour that delicious goodness over top and spread it out evenly so as to spread the love.
Pop that back in the fridge for an additional 30 minutes. Once the chocolate is fully hardened, cut out your bars (in whatever size you so desire). Getting the first bar out of the pan might be a little messy. However, the rest will come out just fine.
If you’re like me and require a bit more chocolate, turn those babies over and drizzle chocolate on the other side too. This also makes them prettier.
Have you made Homemade Protein Bars before?? What are your favorite ingredients?Print
- 3/4 cup moist/ sticky dried fruit (I used dates)
- 1 cup nut butter (I used homemade peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, slightly melted
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3-4 scoops of protein powder
- 3-6 oz of dark chocolate (this simply depends on how much you want), some for top and some for bottom of bars
- Put all of your ingredients (MINUS this chocolate) into a food processor and process until fully combined. You’ll know it’s ready once you can roll the mixture into a ball and it stays together easily. (if needed, you can add more but butter, honey, or fruit to the mixture to make it stick together)
- Once the mixture is ready, dump it all in a small squar(ish) dish.
- Now, this is important: You need to press it ALL in there really good. It needs to be nice and tight and compact in the dish.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate and pour over top.
- Refrigerate for an additional 30 minutes or until the chocolate has fully dried.
- Once the chocolate is fully hardened, cut out your bars (in whatever size you so desire). Getting the first bar out of the pan might be a little messy. However, the rest will come out just fine.
- If desired, drizzle chocolate over top of the other side of the bars, let chocolate harden, and ENJOY the BEST protein bars ever!