Brussels Sprouts Pumpkin Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Brussels Sprouts Pumpkin Pasta is simple to make, vegan friendly, and such a quick and delicious weeknight dinner recipe! The quick cook sprouts add a nice portion of veggies to the meal too :)
This post was sponsored by Ocean Mist Farms but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make Food with Feeling possible!
I’m excited to be partnering up once again with Ocean Mist Farms for this post! I’m using their Season & Steam Quick Cook Sprouts to make this meal balanced, delicious, and SUPER easy to throw it together!
I’ve used their sprouts before to make THIS Easy Cranberry Brussels Sprouts recipe as well as THIS Brussels Sprouts Pesto Gnocchi. Both are SO good and I will just never get over how easy it is to make these sprouts.
If you’ve followed for a while then hopefully you know how MUCH I love brussels sprouts. I fell in love with them a good 10 years ago and have never looked back. It’s one of my favorite simple side dishes for dinner and we make them quite often in our house.
Ocean Mist’s Season & Steam Sprouts are the definition of EASY too! Just open the pouch and add any desired seasonings. Seal it back up and then pop it in the microwave for 5 minutes. AND THAT’S IT! Every time that I make them I am blown away by how perfectly they are steamed considering that they only cooked for 5 minutes.
For this recipe, I’m making a version of THIS Pumpkin Cream Sauce but adding in a little cheese to the mix. If you’re wanting to keep this vegan, you can either use a vegan parmesan cheese OR simply leave it out completely as I did in the original linked recipe.
This whole recipe comes together in just 3 simple steps:
- Make the sauce (which takes 10 minutes TOPS)
- Steam the Brussels Sprouts
- Cook the pasta
Once you get cooking, this whole recipe comes together in just TEN minutes but is still packed with flavor! I used a quinoa based pasta to keep this largely whole-foods based and it ended up being such a well rounded and filling meal. I know that y’all are going to love this one!
That’s all that I have for you today! I hope you’re enjoying the beginning of pumpkin season as much as I am :D
As usual, PLEASE let me know if you make this recipe and let me know how you like it! You can come back here and leave a comment or tag me on instagram (@foodwithfeeling).
Thanks again for supporting the brands that make Food with Feeling possible! You can CLICK HERE to learn more about Ocean Mist Farms, the products that they carry, and where you can buy them in your area.
This Creamy Pumpkin Pasta is simple to make, plan-based friendly, and so so delicious!
- 1 pound pasta of choice (I used a quinoa based spaghetti)
- 1 bag of Ocean Mist Farm Season & Steam Brussels Sprouts
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree*
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried sage
- 5 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cup of milk of choice (regular or plant based works well- you can also use cream for a thicker sauce)
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese (vegan as desired)- optional
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Steam the sprouts according to package directions. They don’t really need any seasoning since we’re tossing them in a sauce but I usually drizzle in a little olive oil with a pinch of garlic powder and salt.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in the onion, garlic, and sage and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion mixture to a blender or food processor and add in the remaining ingredients: pumpkin, milk, salt and pepper. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add the sauce in the skillet used to saute the veggies. Place the skillet over medium heat and add in the cheese if using. Stir constantly to combine and cook until warmed through thoroughly and the cheese is fully melted.
- Mix in the pasta and steamed brussels sprouts. Serve and ENJOY!
*You can also use freshly roasted chunks of pumpkin similar to in this recipe: https://foodwithfeeling.com/butternut-squash-pasta-sauce/
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: pumpkin pasta, pumpkin sauce, brussels sprouts pasta