Garlic Butter Noodles
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
We make this Garlic Butter Noodles recipe at least a couple of times a month and it NEVER gets old! Plus, it’s super simple to throw together for a meal that feels well rounded and overall DELICIOUS!
Even though this is one of the recipes that I make most often, I’ve NEVER shared the recipe here. I think it just felt too simple and basic. BUT it’s SO GOOD and I want y’all to make it :)
So, here’s the recipe!
You could serve the noodles on their own but I highly recommend throwing some veggies in the oven and adding them on top. It makes such a well rounded meal. And bonus- my daughter always loves it too (veggies and all).
What’s in the recipe:
- Noodles- you can use whatever kind you’d like. I really like spaghetti with this recipe but again, use what you prefer/ have on hand. We often use gluten free noodles since my partner has a mild gluten intolerance.
- Butter- since butter is one of the stars of this dish, I try and splurge and use a nicer butter like Kerrygold. Salt or unsalted works well (you may just want to adjust the salt in the recipe)
- Garlic- use as much as you’d like! My recipes calls for 6 cloves but you could use less or more.
- For added flavor- I top the final dish with a little bit of parmesan and parsley but those are totally optional!
To make the Butter Garlic Noodles:
It’s pretty simple but lets go over everything.
If you’re making the veggies with it, you’ll start by chopping everything up and tossing it with olive oil, salt, pepper, and spices before roasting for about 30 minutes.
Boil salted water and cook your noodles.
In a large skillet, melt the butter and then saute the garlic for about 3 minutes. Add in the pasta with a little bit of the pasta water and stir to combine.
Serve it up with some Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs. ENJOY!
That’s it for today! I REALLY hope that you give this recipe a try!
If you want to see all the steps for making the recipe, you can check out the video in the recipe card below!Print
This Garlic Butter Noodles recipe is so simple to make and elevated to a delicious meal with the help of some roasted veggies!
For the roasted veggies:
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon each of: Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder
For the noodles:
- 1 pound of pasta
- 8 tablespoons of butter (1/2 cup)
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- Optional for topping: Parmesan or other cheese, fresh herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste (i used salted butter so only added a pinch of additional salt)
For the roasted veggies:
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the bell pepper, zucchini and cauliflower on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle on the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Toss to combine and coat the veggies.
- Spread in an even layer and roast for 3-40 minutes, flipping halfway. I like my veggies to get a little crispy around the edges but feel free to roast a little less as desired.
For the noodles:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook your pasta according to package instructions. Once done, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain the rest.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once it’s fully melted, add in the garlic and sautee, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Be sure not to let the garlic burn!
- Lower the heat to LOW and add in the noodles. Cook for 1 more minute, tossing the noodles in the garlic butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the noodles the optional veggies, parmesan and herbs. ENJOY!
Veggies: you can use whatever veggies you would like! I often throw other things in based on seasonality and what I happen to have in the fridge that week.
Spices: use whatever you would like! The combo listed above is a favorite of mine but I’ve used curry spices before as well as taco seasoning.
To make it vegan: simple use a vegan butter.
Nutritional info: does not include the cheese
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 660
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 632.4 mg
- Fat: 30.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 82.7 g
- Protein: 15.9 g
- Cholesterol: 61.1 mg
Keywords: garlic butter noodles, butter garlic noodles