Carrot Cake Smoothie
As you may, or may not know, my husband and I work full time creating food videos for other bloggers and brands (you can see some of my work HERE). There are a few recipes that pretty much every single one of my clients has and has wanted a video of. Recipes such as energy/ date balls, overnight oats, AND carrot cake. I’ve done videos for SO many versions of carrot cake/ bread/ muffins. Trust me, I’m not complaining!
Needless to say, I’ve had carrot cake on the brain and thought it would be fun to do what I do best: turn the recipe into a smoothie! Did you know that I have a FREE ebook filled with healthy smoothies!? You can get it HERE.
There’s one thing you need to know about my smoothies though- they almost always have bananas in them. First of all, I just really love bananas. They’re cheap and so I always have them on hand. They freeze super easy which makes them nice to buy in big batches and throw in the freezer. Also, I love the creaminess that a frozen banana adds to a smoothie.
I was very shocked to find out that there are people who exist in the world that aren’t as into bananas as I am. I got a handful of people messaging me asking for smoothies WITHOUT bananas in them 😬 🙄 Don’t worry, there are a couple in the ebook that I linked above.
BUT this is not one of those smoothies. This one has banana in it and I think it really makes the smoothie!
We have dates for sweetness (SUPER obsessed with dates right now!), carrot, and walnuts to give it that classic carrot cake taste. You could totally make this smoothie without the nuts if it’s not your thing.
What other smoothies should I make!!? I’m constantly coming up with flavor combos that I can’t wait to try! Happy Thursday friends!Print
This simple and easy Carrot Cake Smoothie is the perfect breakfast or snack and a great, healthy, way to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 8 walnuts
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped (or grated if you don’t have a high speed blender)
- Extra finely grated carrot for mixing in, optional
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of nutmeg, freshly grated is EXTRA delicious
- 2 pitted dates
- ½–1 cup of liquid, I typically use non-dairy milk and then add in water if I want it a bit more liquidy
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ of a frozen banana
- In a high speed blender, blend all ingredients (minus the additional carrot) together until creamy and smooth.
- If desired, mix in additional finely grated carrot (highly recommend!). Top with a few chopped walnuts and ENJOY!
- Serving Size: 2 cups