Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie
Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie that I swear tastes exactly like pumpkin pie!!
Say HELLO to my new FAVORITE smoothie: this Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie! I’m 110% obsessed and you need to try this asap! mmmkay? Just do it.
If you’ve been around for a while then you know that I have a THING for smoothies. A thing as in- for a long time, I drank a smoothie pretty much every single day. I’ve been off of the smoothie train lately, for no real reason, but I’m ready to hop back on. Starting with this pumpkin smoothie.
My smoothie obsession started a few years ago when I got my first high speed blender <<<< life changing event. I have THIS Vitamix blender and it’s seriously amazing!
Conveniently, I’m giving away a Vitamix today over on my Instagram just for fun! ENTER THE GIVEAWAY HERE!!
I also have a smaller, single use blender that’s pretty awesome (what I used for this particular recipe). Both are great and since I use my blender so often, it’s been nice having more than one.
Back to the Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie for a minute.
One of the main reasons I love this smoothie (aside from the fact that it’s like a eating a deliciously blended up pumpkin pie) is that it doesn’t have ANY fruit in it. For so long, I put SO many bananas into my smoothies to give it that yummy creamy texture that we all love so much. But then last year, I discovered that there are other foods I could use to get that same creamy texture. In this smoothie, it’s CAULIFLOWER.
The cauliflower gives you an added boost of veggie nutrients and helps keep the sugars lower. And it’s just all around SO FREAKING DELICIOUS!
If you loved this smoothie, don’t forget that I have a whole smoothie ebook that you can get for free HERE!Print
- 1 cup of frozen pumpkin puree (I freeze it in ice cube trays the night before)
- ½ cup of frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons of liquid sweetener (agave, maple syrup, honey, etc)
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter (I love almond butter in this!)
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more liquid, a couple tablespoons at a time, as needed to get the blender going.
- Top with some pepitas or granola and ENJOY!
Keywords: pumpkin, smoothie, healthy, breakfast