This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Date Sweetened Brownies come together all in a food processor and are so simple to make! They’re naturally sweetened with Medjool Date plus they’re vegan AND gluten free!
I’m partnering up once again with Natural Delights which is my GO TO source for fresh and delicious Medjool Dates! I used their whole pitted dates to make these easy Date Brownies and I CAN’T believe how good they are for being so simple!
I made a version of these brownies a few years ago but really wanted to recreate them in a VEGAN fashion, without eggs. It took a few tries to get the recipe right, but I really love how they turned out. On paper, you wouldn’t think that this recipe would work- but it really does!
These Date Brownies are SO FUDGY and chewy but still have a great texture despite being gluten free and flour-less.
I often get requests, especially on Instagram, for healthier, sugar free desserts and these fit perfectly into that category! The bulk of the recipe is Medjool Dates + nut butter + cocoa powder. You probably already have everything on hand to make these!
The other great thing about this recipe is that it all comes together in ONE BOWL- well, technically the bowl of a food processor. But either way, only one thing to clean :)
Ingredients in these brownies:
- Natural Delights pitted Medjool Dates
- Nut butter of choice (I made these with almond butter and peanut butter)
- Cocoa powder
- Dark chocolate chips (optional but highly recommended
- Flaxseed meal
- Baking soda
- Apple Cider Vinegar
To make these, you start out by blending together the dates, water and peanut butter in a food process or high powered blender. I’ve found that the Medjool Dates break up much easier if you blend them with the water and nut butter before adding in all of the other ingredients. Once you have a paste and the dates are fully broken up, you simply add in the remaining ingredients (minus the chocoalte chips) and blend it all together.
Press it into a baking dish and then top with the chocolate before baking for about 20 minutes. And that’s it- Super easy!
I’m excited to see you making these simple brownies! Thanks again to Natural Delights for sponsoring this post and thank YOU for supporting the brands that make my blog possible.Print
These Date Brownies are so simple to make and deliciously naturally sweetened!
- 3/4 cup of packed Natural Delights Medjool Dates , pitted ~10 medium Medjool Dates
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup of almond butter (I’ve also tried these with PB and they turned out great!)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup of cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend together the dates, almond butter and water until the dates are almost fully broken down and a paste forms. You may need to stop and scrap the sides of the food processor a few times. This will take about a minute of blending.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) and blend until fully combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter (it’ll be pretty thick) into the prepared pan and use a spatula to spread it out evenly into the pan. Top with additional chocolate chips as desired.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan brownies, sugar free brownies, flourless brownies