Easy Mexican Street Corn
Thank you Cacique® for sponsoring this post. Visit your local grocery store to pick up your fave Cacique® product for a delicious dinner tonight!
This month just so happens to be Hispanic Heritage Month and I’m excited to be sharing some of my FAVORITE Hispanic recipes with you here on the blog! First up: THIS amazingly easy and so incredibly delicious Easy Mexican Street Corn. It’s seriously insane how mind blowing this corn is and I kind of want to eat it every single day.
I’m partnering up, once again, with Cacique® to bring you a delicious recipe inspired by their range of amazing Hispanic products. Today we’re using Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria Sour Cream to make the sauce that goes on the corn and also mixing in some of their Cotija cheese. The nice thing about the Cotija cheese is that it does not melt. So, when you put it on the warm corn and take a bit, you get the warmth of the corn, the creaminess of the Crema sauce WITH the nice little pockets of Cotija cheese. I’m obsessed! 😍🌽
How to Make Easy Mexican Street Corn
When making this Easy Mexican Street Corn, you can cook the corn however you like. For me, it HAS to be grilled. I’m a big fan of cooking the corn directly on the grill, husked removed, to ensure that I get those nice darned corn kernels AND to give it that undeniable smokey grilled flavor. You could, however, also leave the husks on.
While the corn is grilling, we make the sauce that will go on top. Simple mix together the Cacique® Crema Mexican Agria Sour Cream, mayonnaise, cotija cheese, garlic, lime zest and juice, and cilantro.
Once your corn is cooked and the sauce is ready, all that’s left to do is generously rub the sauce over top of each corn on the cob and then sprinkle on a bit of chipotle chili powder. I also garnish mine with a little extra Cotija and cilantro.
And that’s it! Isn’t it SO EASY!? I’m definitely adding this dish to our regular rotation for easy dinners.
Have you ever made Mexican Street Corn at home before?? If not then you’re missing out and should add this to your must try list ASAP!
And, don’t forget to pick up Cacique® products at your local store so you can create quick and delicious Mexican recipes that make it easy to savor the tastes and flavors of Mexican food without spending a ton of time in the kitchen.
- 4 ears of corn
- ¼ cup of Cacique® Crema Mexican Agria Sour Cream
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- ½ cup of Cacique® Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed (or finely minced)
- ¼ teaspoon of fine sea salt
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup of Cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of chipotle chili powder
- Heat your grill to roughly 400 degrees F.
- You can grill the corn with the husks on or off. I took the husks off to ensure that I got some nice grill marks on the corn and because I feel like it gives it a nice grilled flavor. FOR HUSKS ON: let your corn soak in water for 10 minutes before grilling. FOR HUSKS OFF: lightly spray spray each cob with cooking spray.
- Place the corn on the grill and grill for roughly 12 minutes, turning the cobs 1/4 turn every 3 minutes.
- Mix the topping sauce by stirring together the Cacique® Crema Mexican Agria Sour Cream, mayonnaise, cotija cheese, garlic, lime zest and juice, and cilantro.
- Generously top each corn cob with the cheese mixture, sprinkle with a bit of chipotle chili powder, and top with a bit of extra cotija cheese and cilantro.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.