Foil Pack Vegan Sausage & Vegetables
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I’m partnering, once again, with my friends over at Sweet Earth and using their Vegan Chik’n Apple Sausage in this Foil Pack Sausage and Veggies recipe! Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make Food with Feeling possible!
One of the most COMMON recipe requests that I get is for more vegan friendly grilling recipes. So, when Sweet Earth asked me if I would be up for developing a foil pack recipe using their new plant-based Chick’n Apple Sausage, I was ALL OVER IT!
I can’t tell you how much I love this meal and I can’t wait for you to try it (especially the Sweet Earth Sausage)! And while I developed this recipe with the grill in mind, it can actually also be made in the oven.
I chose to use the Chik’n Apple Sausage for this recipe but Sweet Earth actually has several different flavors of their vegan sausage including Green Chile Chedd’r and Ginger Scallion. I’ve tried all of them and they’re all delicious! They’re made with textured pea protein instead of soy which I LOVE! and bonus! non-GMO project certified, so you wont find any questionable ingredients. Learn more about their product here: https://www.sweetearthfoods.com/our-products
You should definitely give these foil packs a try but I also suggest keeping these sausage on hand for quick and easy grilling. You can throw them directly on the grill for a quick and delicious meal!
For these foil packs, I wanted them to be quintessentially summer so we’re using all of the best summer veggies including corn on the cob, zucchini squash and red bell pepper. However, just about any summer veggies would work well in this recipe.
You technically could cook the sausage whole inside of the foil packs BUT I found that cutting it into larger pieces worked much better and just overall made serving easier.
I suggest getting grill grade foil as it’s much thicker and more durable. However, regular foil will work as well but I’d suggest doubling up on the layers of foil so that it doesn’t tear when you put it on the grill.
As always, please let me know if you end up trying this foil pack recipe! I really love how it turned out and can’t wait to hear what you think! Don’t forget to snap a photo and tag me (and Sweet Earth) on Instagram @foodwithfeeling!
See how to make the Foil Pack Vegan Sausage here:
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”omJLcxud” upload-date=”2020-07-10T20:51:21.000Z” name=”Foil Pack Sausage” description=”Foil Pack Vegan Sausage” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]Print
This Foil Pack vegan sausage and vegetables is super easy to make. It can be cooked on the grill or in the oven and makes for a well rounded meat-free dinner!
- 2 zucchini, cut into thick pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 2 ears of corn, husked and cut into roughly 3 inch pieces
- 1 packet of Sweet Earth sausage cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the grill to 400 degrees F.
- On a clean surface, lay out 2 large pieces of foil. I like to use heavy duty for the grill but if you don’t have that, you could double up your foil to prevent tearing.
- Divide the zucchini, corn, and bell pepper evenly among the 2 foil packs. Drizzle on the olive oil and then add the Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss.
- Divide the sausage pieces evenly between the 2 pieces of foil placing them on top of the veggies.
- Fold the foil up by pinching it in the middle to seal the top and then folding up the sides (see video for reference).
- Place the foil packs on the grill and grill for 20 minutes.
- Open carefully and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 inutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan grilling recipe, vegan grilling, vegan sausage