French Onion Tart (Tiktok Viral!)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These French Onion Tarts are going viral on tiktok and for VERY good reason! They’re so simple to make and absolutely delicious.
Have you tried these French Onion tarts yet? I saw them going viral on social media and could NOT wait to give them a try.
The sweet, peach version of this recipe went viral first but I’m ALWAYS a fan of savory.
We’re going to keep this short and sweet today! I hope you LOVE these tarts!Print
These French Onion Tarts are so simple to make and absolutely delicious. They’re totally worth the hype!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- Handful of pearl onions, thinly sliced (or 1 small onion thinly sliced)
- olive oil
- balsamic glaze
- Salt, pepper
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme
- 1/2–3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Egg wash: 1 egg whisked together with 1 tablespoon of water
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry so that it’s a couple inches larger on each side. Cut the pastry into 6 even rectangles.
- On the parchment paper, drizzle the olive oil and balsamic glaze in a rectangle a little smaller than the puff pastry (see video for reference). Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and fresh thyme.
- Place onions on top of the oil mixture and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Place a rectangle of the puff pastry on top and gently press the edges to kind of seal it to the parchment paper. Repeat with all of the ingredients.
- Brush the tops of the pastry with the egg wash and sprinkle the tops with more parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is puffed up and a deep golden color on top. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: puff pastry tart, french onion tart