Grapefruit Thyme Cocktail
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Thanks to Yes Beverages for providing the cocktail mixers used to create this SUPER yummy and easy to make Grapefruit Thyme Cocktail!!
With summer finally here and the weatherman predicting temperatures in Nashville to rise to nearly 100 degrees this weekend, I think we all need to just kick our feet up and have a cold drink. Also, it’s Thursday and tradition has it that Thursdays are for drinking (or something like that).
Today I’m teaming up with some of my most FAVORITE blogger friends to share a bit about Yes Artisan Cocktail Mixers AND to give a few of them away to our readers (enter below)! We each created a different cocktail using their different mixers (which are amazing BTW). Yes Cocktail Mixers are made seasonally with fresh produce and real sugar. I’ve always loved flavored simple syrups and cocktail mixers but I’m way too lazy to actually make them myself. Hence why these are absolutely perfect for me!
Using the Grapefruit Thyme mixer, I decided to keep things simple. My cocktail consists of grapefruit, thyme, rum, St. Germain, a pinch of sugar, and a splash of tonic water to fill the glass up. I absolutely love how simple the Yes cocktail mixer makes everything. I didn’t have to boil any water to dissolve sugar, I didn’t have to muddle anything and I didn’t even need the fresh grapefruit or thyme (since the flavors are so perfectly encapsulated in the mixer) but they sure do make the drink look prettier :)
Huge thanks to Raquel from My California Roots for organizing all of this. She discovered these amazing cocktail mixers at her local farmers market in California and loved them so much that she shared them with us. She spoke with the owner who agreed to donate two 3-packs of the mixers. You can win these mixers by entering the giveaway below. If you win, you’ll be able to pick which flavors sound the best to you (although they all sound amazing). Good luck!!Print
- 1 shot (about 1.5 ounces) of Yes Beverages grapefruit and thyme cocktail mixer
- 1 shot (about 1.5 ounces) of St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- 1 shot (about 1.5 ounces) of rum
- pinch of sugar
- 1 cup of tonic water
- optional for garnish: slices of grapefruit and several sprigs of thyme
- In a cocktail mix, combine the cocktail mixer, St. Germain, rum, and sugar. Shake until fully combined and then strain into a tall glass filled halfway with ice.
- Pour the tonic water into the glass until full and give a gentle stir.
- If desired, garnish with grapefruit slices and sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Category: drink
- Cuisine: cocktail
- Serving Size: 1
Check out the other posts here: