This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Classic Manhattan Cocktail comes together in minutes and with just THREE simple ingredients. The cherries are optional but highly recommended!
I’ve posted a lot of fun cocktails over the years but I’m hoping to really focus on some of the classics in the coming week. They’re people’s favorites for a reason and if you haven’t tried many of these, ya need to!
Today, we’re making the quick and simple Manhattan Drink.
We’re going to keep things quick today and dive RIGHT into this cocktail.
I’ll also be making the recipe this week on Insta stories so follow along! I have lots of cocktails in my highlights so go check those out too!
Manhattan Cocktail Ingredients:
- Bourbon– I’m a huge sucker for the simple and easy to find Bulleit Bourbon but really whatever you have will work. I’m also a big advocate for trying out the local liquor options in your area. Here in Oregon, there are some truly delicious Whiskey options!
Other whiskey’s will also work so use what you have.
- Sweet Vermouth– this is a key ingredient so don’t skip it! You want to make sure that you’re using SWEET vermouth as other types can be a bit bitter and will greatly change the taste of this cocktail.
- Bitters– there are several options when it comes to the bitters. I love my Manhattan with both aromatic plain bitters (this is what you’ll most commonly see in stores) as well as orange bitters if you can find it. HOWEVER, just one or the other will work too!
- Cherries– these are a totally optional garnish but part of what make up the classic cocktail. I have a friend who often splashes a little bit of the cherry juice into her drink as well which is delicious (especially if you like sweeter cocktails). I’m a big fan of Luxardo and Bada Bing brand maraschino cherries but any ole cherries will do :)
How to make a Manhattan Drink
Making this cocktail is very easy and I love it for that. Simply add all of the ingredients to a shaker or mixer with a little bit of ice and stir/ shake until chilled (about 30 seconds of active shaking). Pour into a coup glass and ENJOY!
AND that’s it. Super easy and so so good!! As usual, PLEASE let me know if you make this cocktail and how you like it! You can come back here and leave a comment or tag me on instagram (@foodwithfeeling).
More Classic Cocktails:Print
See how to make a CLASSIC Manhattan Cocktail!
- Ice for stirring
- 2 ounces of bourbon (or other whiskey)
- 1 ounce of sweet vermouth
- 3 dashes of bitters (I like the classic Angostura bitters)
- Optional dash of orange bitters
- Maraschino cherries for serving
- Add all ingredients to a shaker or mixer filled with ice and stir until combined and chilled.
- Strain into a glass and garnish with cherries. ENJOY.
- Category: cocktails
- Method: mixing
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: classic cocktail, manhattan drink, manhattan cocktail