It’s Cocktail Week DAY TWO which means this Holiday Sangria. Basically, we’re taking the premise of sangria, wine + fruit, and introducing it to all of the best autumnal and winter flavors. It’s good, guys, SO GOOD.
This is the perfect cocktail option for your holiday party planning. I often get ambitious at parties thinking that I’m going to cook all of the foods AND make fresh cocktails for all of my guests. It never works out and I end up trying to explain to someone how to mix the overly complicated cocktail that I thought up.
NO MORE. We’re doing easy holiday sangrias at our parties this year and I’m certain that everyone will LOVE IT!
What is in our Holiday Sangria?
Really, you can use whatever fruit you would like. I tried really hard to find some blood oranges but when I photographed this, they weren’t quit in season yet.
In my Sangria, I used pears, orange, cranberries, rosemary, and cinnamon. I debated putting a little apple in it (which really is a great idea) but last minute decided against it.
You’ll want to let the sangria sit for a good few hours. Ideally at least 4 hours actually but even overnight would work well. You want the fruit to soak up the wine and the flavors of the herbs, cinnamon sticks, and fruit to infuse into the alcohol.
Before serving, we’ll mix in some sparkling water or similarly bubbly beverage such as ginger ale or ginger beer.
The nice thing about the fact that this needs to sit for a while is that it’s easy to make ahead of a party so it’s one last thing you have to worry about!
See How to Make the Holiday Sangria here:
- 2 bottles of dry white wine such as chardonnay
- 2 Pears, thinly slices (can sub for apples if desired)
- 1 cup of fresh Cranberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks (roughly 3 inches each)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 24 ounces of Sparkling water or ginger ale right before serving
- In a large pitcher, combine the wine, pears, orange, cranberries, cinnamon sticks, and rosemary. Stir to combine and let sit for 4 hours or even over night.
- When ready to serve, add in the sparkling water and stir to combine.
- Serve chilled and ENJOY!
Keywords: cocktail, sangria, holiday