Strawberry Lemonade Vodka
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You’re going to fall in LOVE with this sweet and refreshing Strawberry Lemonade Vodka! It’s simple to make and great for summer entertaining. I also have directions for making it alcohol free so that everyone can enjoy it and a shot of vodka can be mixed in for those that want it!
We went strawberry picking this week and I now have a deliciously LONG list of recipes that I plan to make with all of them! I love this time of year when SO MUCH is in season and you can get fresh veggies and fruit everywhere 🥰
Hopefully you’ve noticed that I’ve been on a HUGE strawberry kick lately. We’ve made strawberry compote, strawberry donuts, and Jemma’s favorite: Strawberry MILK! I have about 13,854 more strawberry recipes ideas floating around in my head so hopefully I can get to quite a few more of them before the season is over :)
I wrote this recipe so that it can be inclusive to the non-alcohol drinkers out there. The vodka can simply be left out to make a simple strawberry lemonade. And as desired, 2oz of vodka can be added to individual glasses as desired. This works well for parties and get togethers where there’s a mixture of tastes and ages.
Everyone deserves to enjoy a little lemonade!
BUT, we’re going to be focusing on the vodka version of this drink…
Ingredients in this cocktail:
- Fresh Strawberries
- Vodka of choice
- Sugar- this could be replaced with maple syrup, honey, etc as desired. I have a whole post about making different kinds of simple syrup that you can check out HERE.
- Lemon juice
To make this strawberry vodka drink, we’re going to start out by blending together the strawberries with a little water and them pressing out all of the juice. You could skip the pressing part but I’ve found that a lot of people don’t like all of the little berry seeds and pulp floating in their drink.
Once the strawberry juice is made, we’re then going to make a basic simple syrup similar to THIS. After that, it’s simply a matter of combining the juice + simple syrup + vodka + lemon juice. EASY!
I’m seriously obsessed with this strawberry vodka cocktail and can’t wait to see y’all making it! It’s like quintessential summer and I certainly plan to make it a good few times throughout the season :)
As usual, please let me know if you end up making this recipe and how you like it. You can come back here to leave a comment or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from the blog!
This Strawberry Lemonade Vodka is simple to make and perfect for summer entertaining! Sweet and delicious!
- ½ pound of hulled strawberries
- 1 cup of sugar (can add more to make it sweeter as desired)
- 4 cups of water , divided
- 1 ¼ cups of lemon juice
- 1 cup of vodka plus more to taste*
- In a food processor (or blender), add in the strawberries and 1/2 cup of the water. Process until completely smooth and no chunks remain. This may take a couple of minutes. Place a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl and pour the mixture into the sieve. Press down lightly with a spatula so that all of the juices pour out into the bowl (see video for reference). Discard the pulp and seeds that are leftover. Set juice aside.
- Make the simple syrup by combining the remaining water and the sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, combine the simple syrup with the strawberry juice and mix to combine. Stir in the lemon juice and vodka (see note about leaving out the vodka).
- Serve and enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge and enjoy within a few days.
* You can leave the vodka out to simply make strawberry lemonade and then add 2 ounces of vodka to each glass as desired to make it alcoholic.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: cocktail
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: strawberry lemonade vodka, vodka lemonade, strawberry vodka