This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
There’s nothing like a nice warm latte made at home and this SIMPLE Honey Latte has been my favorite lately! It comes together quickly and is surprisingly easy to make.
One of the things that I have missed the most over the past year is being able to go sit at coffee shops for long periods of time. My job involves a LOT of computer time and sometimes it’s just really nice to get out of the house and enjoy a cup of coffee (or 3) while I’m working.
My GO TO drink lately has been an oat milk latte with either honey in it OR hazelnut syrup. Both SO GOOD and I miss getting them on a regular basis.
Since getting a Bialetti Espresso Maker, I’ve been making lattes at home a lot more and it certainly satisfies the craving! Plus I love that I have a lot more control over the sweetness levels etc!
While I love experimenting with all kinds of different flavors, this Honey Latte has been my favorite at home latte lately!
If you’re interested in some other flavors, though, I have a whole post all about making different flavors of simple syrup (the lavender is a favorite of mine!). I definitely recommend checking that out for ideas (and bonus: the syrups are also great for cocktails!).
Ingredients in this latte:
- Milk– any milk works here so use your favorite. I’ve been on a HUGE Oat milk latte kick lately so that is almost always what I use. In fact, I have a whole post coming out in the next couple of weeks that reviews several different types of vegan creamers including which one froths the best!
- Honey– I know that a lot of you are vegan so feel free to use maple syrup instead.
- Coffee– you want STRONG coffee here. Remember, we’re going to be mixing this with a lot of milk so the coffee needs to be pretty strong to balance out nicely in this latte.
- Cinnamon– I like just a little sprinkle but you could also omit this as desired.
- Vanilla– totally optional but highly recommended!
Making this latte is SUPER simple and there are 2 ways that you can do it. First you need to heat up all of the ingredients minus the coffee. You can either do this in a small saucepan or simply add them to a microwavable mug and heat them in the microwave until steaming hot.
Pour your hot coffee into a clean mug of choice and then gently pour over the milk mixture and then the froth.
AND that’s it. Super easy and so so good!! As usual, PLEASE let me know if you make this grapefruit loaf recipe and how you like it! You can come back here and leave a comment or tag me on instagram (@foodwithfeeling).Print
This Oat Milk Honey Latte is simple to make and so warm and comforting!
- 1 cup of oat milk (other milks can also be used as desired)*
- 1–2 shots of espresso (about 1/3–1/2 cup of extra strong coffee)
- 1 tablespoon of honey, plus more for a sweeter latte
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla (optional)
- In a saucepan add and stir the oat milk, vanilla, honey and cinnamon over medium-low heat until it is hot. You can also microwave all of this in a mug and microwave it as desired.
- Froth milk mixture using a frother or place it in a sealed container and shake for 60 seconds to get some nice foam.
- Add the espresso into your serving mug and top with the steamed and frothed milk plus the foam.
- Sprinkle with some cinnamon on top and ENJOY!
Milk: I often use oat milk but also really like to use oat milk creamer here
Honey: can be substituted for maple syrup as desired
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: drink
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 24.4 g
- Sodium: 102.2 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.8 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: honey latte, oat milk latte, dariy free latte